Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #1

My upgraded suspension F53

After upgrading my Motorhome from a 30’ Class C to a Class A one, I was a bit worried in reading some of the posts on F53 chassis. All these years driving the C, I was under the impression a Class A motorhome was the ultimate ride.

So as I left the dealer with my new 36’ Class A MH, I heavily invested in the suspension and stability without taking any chances.

Koni's Shocks
4 corners air bags (double in the back, single in front) 24K chassis (30lbs of air in front and 55lbs for the rear ones)
BlueOx Track bar on the rear
Safe T Plus up front.

Didn’t do the CHF as I wanted to try it before hand.

I have just about 1700km on the A (roughly 1062 miles) and this coach drives better than the C!

Yesterday I was coming back home and you wouldn’t believe the side winds on the highway. Still driving the coach one handed without a problem. Sure I did spend quite a bit of money of the suspension but my setup exceed all expectation I had in driving a Class A MH.

At this point I’m not sure what good would the CHF bring to my coach.
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your air bags will do essentially the same thing as the CHF. The CHF will aid in keeping your coach from swaying and air bags does the same. I believe the CHF could have been cheaper for the same results. But, if you want to tighten up your coach, you can always do the CHF. If it was mine, for the price, I would do it.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53, suspension, upgrade