Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 06:24 AM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
[QUOTE…..Also be warned. Tow companies are not responsible for any damage they create.

Really? I didn’t realize that. I would have thought they would be responsible for their actions.
jt[/QUOTE]

That isn't true here in Virginia. If a tow driver hurts your car through negligence, they are liable for the damages like any other business. Hard to prove a tow company damaged a car though, unless you take some before and after pics.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 06:28 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
I’ve been with Coach-net since 1999. Every time I used them they came thru without a problem. Sounds like a mixup and it left you in a bad situation.
I’m very sorry to read this and hope it all gets better.
It's awesome that so far you've had great success. I'm trying to figure out how the OP's situation was a mixup though.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:29 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
My experience with Coach-Net is 100% failure on two attempts to use them.

Mine is just the opposite
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #18

Sorry to hear of the debacle the OP had to endure . We have had Coach-net for 4or 5 yrs now and fortunately have only had to use it 1 time . We had a blow out in Mississippi miles away from any city , called CN they said give them 30 min to locate a mobile repair ,asked us if we were in a safe location and if we wanted law enforcement to check on us , we told them we were good , and in less than thirty min they called back and said they problem was getting the Michelin tire nobody in the area had a new one but they had a used one and I had no interest in a used tire , told them just give me an equivalent new tire of the same size , she called to confirm they did have a new tire called us back and said the mobile repair would be on his way as soon as he finished a repair call. So overall the time from flat to repair was 3 to 4 hours and CN called few more times to check to see if we were still ok , we were very happy with our CN experience .
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #19

What's happening to Coachnet

We are FTer's and we've been members since 2016 and have not needed their service so far. But I also find these reports VERY disturbing. We pay a high premium for their roadside service, along with their other member options too and we should get premium service. You can find poor service everywhere these days. This is a badge they shouldn't want to wear.

30 minute hold times just to talk to somebody in an emergency situation, sending out a wrong type of tow truck, sitting on the road for hours (dangerous), not calling back and updating you and on an on I could go. I've read several reports over the past couple of years like this and this just should not be the case. My membership is coming up renewal. I'm thinking.......

I just contacted them on their Contact US page, gave them a link to this Thread along with "Why does this type of thing happen"? It's inexcusable.
mr.tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #20

People with Coachnet have problems. People with GoodSam have problems. People with AAA have problems. People with all 3 and more have excellent experiences. Stuff happens with all companies. The options are to keep your money in your pocket and find your own solutions on the road. But, sometimes you are not going to do so well on your own either. So should you stop depending on yourself? None of these services are perfect. We have had coach net for 5 years and never used them. But we still renew every year in case we do. It's the same reason we pay lots of money for insurance we have never used. How many have reported issues with insurance companies while others have reported excellent service from the same company? Nothing new here. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #21
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have been with CoachNet for 12 yrs and used them a lot. Their techs have always been responsive and helpful.

Three times I have needed roadside assistance and they had someone out to me in less than one hour.

Last summer I had a breakdown and needed to be towed. They worked with me and had a tow truck to me very quickly.

My experiences with CoachNet is very different from what you described.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
People with Coachnet have problems. People with GoodSam have problems. People with AAA have problems. People with all 3 and more have excellent experiences. Stuff happens with all companies. The options are to keep your money in your pocket and find your own solutions on the road. But, sometimes you are not going to do so well on your own either. So should you stop depending on yourself? None of these services are perfect. We have had coach net for 5 years and never used them. But we still renew every year in case we do. It's the same reason we pay lots of money for insurance we have never used. How many have reported issues with insurance companies while others have reported excellent service from the same company? Nothing new here. Chuck
Chuckbear is right on. Every company providing this service has a problem occasionally and leaves someone in a bad situation. Some, more so than others. We have had CN for a bit over 3 years, and fortunately, have not required their service But, in researching and looking at reviews, complaints, etc, Coach-Net still comes out better than the others. Hopefully, this persons concerns got rectified to his satisfaction.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:32 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
just happened to run across this thread...

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/hav...ed-125804.html
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:23 AM   #24

Appreciate reading all the different responses. As I mentioned right off the top, I’m sure many of you have had wonderful experience with companies such as coach net. I’ve owned various RV over the past 25 years and besides the rare flat tire on a 5th wheel, this was the first time I had such a major issue that required a tow. Bottom line, learn from my misfortune and don’t go into any trip blindly thinking your roadside assistance will be there to bail you out. That was my biggest mistake. Perhaps like many of you, you’ll have the experience I thought I would get and was paying for, but at the end of the day, do you homework, keep a log of techs, tow companies, freightliner, high patrol, etc etc and even make some calls ahead to see if certain tow companies can handle a large class A. Crossing finger none of you are even in a situation where your Class A needs to be towed. This coaches just aren’t meant to be strapped to the back of a truck unless it’s a last resort.
Maverick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #25

Out of Curiosity, since its a 2020, did you consider calling Freightliner Road Side assistance? Ive done this once when the coach was newer and they were pretty responsive and genuinely concerned regarding our placement and if we were stuck and safe.

J
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick71 View Post
Appreciate reading all the different responses. As I mentioned right off the top, I’m sure many of you have had wonderful experience with companies such as coach net. I’ve owned various RV over the past 25 years and besides the rare flat tire on a 5th wheel, this was the first time I had such a major issue that required a tow. Bottom line, learn from my misfortune and don’t go into any trip blindly thinking your roadside assistance will be there to bail you out. That was my biggest mistake. Perhaps like many of you, you’ll have the experience I thought I would get and was paying for, but at the end of the day, do you homework, keep a log of techs, tow companies, freightliner, high patrol, etc etc and even make some calls ahead to see if certain tow companies can handle a large class A. Crossing finger none of you are even in a situation where your Class A needs to be towed. This coaches just aren’t meant to be strapped to the back of a truck unless it’s a last resort.

This is a frustrating post. I am to pickup my class a in a few days and of course have been shopping for rescue. It is inexcusable and it matters not how many people have had good experiences. This is a serious situation. Them shopping and giving up is an internal problem and likely will be repeated. Things are off in America. Tribes and corporations. Corporations win. I was hopeful for CN because I caught AAA recently doing a similar thing and lying to me about it with my auto. Was with them 30 years.
It has to be money related and that is why it will be repeated. The economy is in as bad of shape or worse than it was in 2008 and it is unfolding every night as we sleep over and over and getting larger and larger. We will notice as fuel will start to rise again and may not stop until its ridiculous.

If you get in a pinch like he did tour bus companies in your area have mechanics, experience and huge tow trucks to service their own diesel fleet. Mine said they would help with the prevost (others too) chassis anytime and they are now in my phonebook if I am around here. fortunately a lot of detroit's and the like can get fixed in the field. I guess that's why a campground works for a meet up. I will soon find this out.
Gased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wonder if CoachNet is suffering from the same problem a lot of companies are experiencing these days: lack of workers. Couple that with the exponential increase in RV ownership in the last year and whammo!
It's not an excuse but a possible explanation.
We've had CN for years and never had an issue but this year is not like past years.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warning