Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2020, 09:32 AM   #15

Mike, To answer #1, it should be relatively safe to to connect JP3 and JP2. If there is a short circuit some place in the coach wiring, or a high amperage appliance in the on position, could cause a some sparking. Make sure everything in the coach is turned off, lights, waterpump, fans, water heater, etc..
#2, Yes, I had the cable made with crimped ends. No, I did not remove or take apart the BCC to install the cable. I was able to get to the terminals using a 1/4 drive ratchet with extentions and a swivel joint. Yes, it was very tight doing it this way. On putting a switch on the cable. Yes, it could be done. However, the switch would have to handle the current of the generator starter (100? amps). Now, if you don't have a generator the switch would only have to handle 30 amps.
#3 Sounds correct to me.
#4 I did not know about RV Custome Products when I did my search, that was before I found this great forum. I did find a replacement BCC at a salvage yard but it was priced at $800. That was way too much money for me to spend on a used part. If they have a direct replacement go for it. I would have. Do not be scared in removing the BCC, it looks to be pretty straight forward. Take pictures, make notes, label wires, DO NOT TRUST YOUR MEMORY lol. As long as ALL power is removed nothing bad will happen. Just take your time.
#5 Yes, the schematic had them as J 2&3, The board has them as JP 2&3. I didn't want to confuse you so I refered to them as the schematic did.
Again, if RV Custom has a direct replacement go for it. It is better in my opinion to keep things original as possible. I will be contacting RV Custom to see about ordering myself a new relay. Even though I may never use it, it will be operational for the next owner.
This is such a great place to learn, wish I had found it sooner.
Good Day
Damon
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
One more question Damon......you recommended #2 gauge for the jumper(was that a typo by you)....I have some 6 gauge......will this work?......if not I'll buy a piece of 2 gauge.

Yes this forum is fantastic.....I've learned sooo much about my 2000 Seabreeze in the past two weeks......I'm in Northern Ca. and bought it off craigs list two months ago....and I've been working on it full time.....I'm hoping I get to try it out soon and take a trip.
Thanks again,
Mike
mtbgvgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #17

Yes, I used #2 gauge. The reason being, the generator starter pulls it's power (100 amp?) through the disconnect. If you do not have an onboard generator OR the generator is getting it's power from a different source (direct from battery for instance) then a smaller gauge wire can be used. Look at the lower right corner of the board. Is there a large #2 cable attached? If so, then that is the power to the generator starter.

I have been spending my time going through my rig as well. I have a trip planned for Oct. that will be close to 6000 miles when done. I have already done a couple short trips (less than 2000 mi) last Nov. and Feb.. Everything went well on those trips, so now I hope all is ready for a cross country trip. I will be going from CA to TN, SC, FL, TX, NM then back to CA.

Later Damon
Old 09-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad757 View Post
Yes, I used #2 gauge. The reason being, the generator starter pulls it's power (100 amp?) through the disconnect. If you do not have an onboard generator OR the generator is getting it's power from a different source (direct from battery for instance) then a smaller gauge wire can be used. Look at the lower right corner of the board. Is there a large #2 cable attached? If so, then that is the power to the generator starter.

I have been spending my time going through my rig as well. I have a trip planned for Oct. that will be close to 6000 miles when done. I have already done a couple short trips (less than 2000 mi) last Nov. and Feb.. Everything went well on those trips, so now I hope all is ready for a cross country trip. I will be going from CA to TN, SC, FL, TX, NM then back to CA.

Later Damon
Damon.....thought I'd let you know....I pulled the bcc board and decided to order a new replacement battery disconnect directly from the manufacturer which cost $90.00 with shipping and should arrive next week....I'll keep you updated.....Thanks, Mike
Old 09-14-2020, 01:23 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbgvgp View Post
Damon.....thought I'd let you know....I pulled the bcc board and decided to order a new replacement battery disconnect directly from the manufacturer which cost $90.00 with shipping and should arrive next week....I'll keep you updated.....Thanks, Mike
Damon....I put in my new battery disconnect and it and all 12 volt works perfectly now. The contacts in the old one were fried.

Here is the contact info if you want one...RV Custom Products in Santa Fe Springs, Ca.(they are the manufacturer of it and the BCC board).
Part #RVC-1002.....phone #(562)921-8353....Mary will help you.

Thank you again for all of your help!!
Mike
Old 09-14-2020, 04:31 PM   #20

Your welcome Mike, glad I could help. Thanks for the info.

Tags
national, seabreeze, bcc, breeze