RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2020, 10:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
National Indoor RV Center (NIRVC) - AMAZING EXPERIENCE

I highly recommend National Indoor RV Center (NIRVC) for your next purchase and service needs!! Doug McCasland in their Lewisville location is your guy!

With me spending approximately 75% to 90% of my time on the road traveling for my business constantly staying in hotels & living out of suitcases for 10+ years the idea came to me why not look into purchasing n motor coach. I knew nothing about them and had no idea of what the logistics would be but just felt strongly this would improve the quality of my life. After searching online and doing as much research as possible I “thought” I had it all figured out and it was down to what dealer would give me the best price. I started sending inquiries online to various dealers that had the particular unites I was interested in and of course everyone was telling me what I wanted to hear and doing whatever they could to get me in the door and sign on the dotted line with the exception of Doug McCasland. I remember I submitted an inquiry on an available unit around 8PM and he instantly reached out to not just provide me a price but wanted to know more about what I was looking for and get an understanding of “why” I was interested in that particular unit. Once he found out that this was going to be my first coach and I had zero experience he immediately started explaining the basics. He spent over an hour that evening on the phone and quickly found out that I still had a lot to learn and that the unit I had chosen wouldn’t be a good choice. I ended up having to leave town unexpectedly to deal with an immediate need with one of my clients which kept me tied up for 3 months or so. Doug kept in touch providing additional information that he felt would be helpful and never applied any pressure which I appreciated. When I was back in town and ready to pick the search back and felt strongly, I wanted a brand new Entegra coach. Once again, after spending some time with Doug he helped walk me through the differences between Entegra & Newmar so I could make an informed and educated decision which I ultimately landed on going with Newmar (which out of everything am the most grateful for his help in getting me to this decision). Additionally, with this being my first coach he helped walk me through the decision that it would be a better to go with a pre-owned vs. new as this would give me the time to find out all of the things I like and dislike about a floor plan along with getting to know how to operate a coach and fix small issues without having to deal with the problems that inevitably come with a new coach. Once we narrowed that down, Doug instantly went to work to find the perfect coach for me and found a 2014 Newmar Essex that your Las Vegas store had. He sent over pictures and as he expected it was a perfect fit, so he immediately put in a request to have it shipped to Texas.

Now that we had the unit picked out, I was introduced to Sesty Harris to discuss financing, extended warranty, etc options. Of course, I was thinking this was going to be the absolutely worst part of the buying experience based on all of the horror stories you hear and read about. Well, once again this wasn’t the case as Sesty reached out to me right away to understand how I would be using the coach, how long I planned to keep it and other details that helped her make recommendations. She immediately followed up with the additional product details around warranties, etc and was very quick to respond with questions I had. Once we had that all put together, we discussed financing options and what she thought would be the best route. While she submitted the applications to banks, she felt would be a great fit, I decided to reach out to my credit union who I’ve been with for many years to see what they could do. By the next day, I had a response from my credit union giving me slightly more attractive rates and terms. I reached out to Sesty to let her know and her response was “give me 1 hour”. Well, it wasn’t even 30 minutes later she came back matching the rate with even better terms which of course I accepted. Because of Sesty, what I thought was going to be the most frustrating, challenging, & painful part of purchasing the coach ended up being the easiest.

I mentioned to Sesty and Doug that I was preparing to leave town for a month as I had to travel to one of my client’s sites in Florida. Between the two of them, they pulled off the impossible and did everything they could to get the coach ready so I could take it with me vs. having to spend another night in a hotel. While not everything was completed due to back order of parts, he made sure it was ready to go and helped arranged for the remaining items to be completed when I returned back to town.

It was an awesome experience on delivery day walking up to see my coach there ready to go with a big welcome sign. It was a very quick process to sign all of the documents and then it was off to do the walk through with Elisa who had the most patience of anyone I’ve ever met. I honestly think she had the hardest job out of everyone having to walk me through the operations of the coach and answering the million questions I had. She like everyone else did an amazing job and has continued to check in and answer any questions I’ve had over the past few months.

You would think taking delivery of my coach would’ve been the highlight of that day but running into Angie Morell and being able to meet her face to face was the BEST part of the day! I’ve spent countless hours watching the Youtube videos and learning sooooooo much! I know it must take a huge amount of effort to produce the videos on every new coach but out of everything, I’ve obtained the most knowledge from them from anywhere else. They have been a huge resource and continue to be especially as I start to plan for my next coach (order being put in next week for a 2021 Newmar Essex).

There were several other NRIVC folks I encountered during my purchasing experience that were a huge help, including the general sales manager (unfortunately, I don’t have his name) that contributed to a great experience).

Once again, I can't express enough how top notch NRIVC is and they have truly gained a customer for life!
TEXASAGGIE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #2

We purchased at NIRVC in Lewisville also and we had an amazing experience also. We actually ordered our first coach, also a Newmar, and we were incredibly satisfied with all aspects from ordering, financing, learning all the ins and outs, and spending the night on the lot. We concur about the whole amazing experience.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:24 PM   #3

Interesting posts here! I do like my vintage Newmar but would love to think about a newer one as my DW approaches retirement. NIRVC in Lewisville is not all that far from me at all!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, buying a new rv, class a, dealer, newmar, newmar dealers, newmar essex