Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #15

Second one in two months is damaged.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
I used these guys .. got it right the first time.
AND they do "fogged and snaking seals" on dual pane windows as well (looked to be fast turn around)
https://www.rvglassexperts.com/
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:46 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good point Pirate. replacing the gasket when not needed can add another potential problem for the installer. So I am told as well.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #18

Unprofessional Business Practices

Went to the Nationwide RV Glass website, determined they have an affiliate in my area and filled out the information to "request a quote." Within an hour, someone from a Las Vegas area code called regarding my request. I explained I had a 6-8 inch linear crack in the windshield and Safelite indicated it could not be repaired. After asking whether I filed an insurance claim thru Safelite, he began asking about my insurance deductible. I explained I was only interested in a quote to which he replied it would be $4 to $5k. I said ok but I wanted a quote and he replied he gave me a range but uless I gave him the dimensions of the winshield he couldn't give a quote. (Never asked for the VIN/Winnebago Serial # so he coud seek correct windshield info and give me the requested quote) After a couple rounds of this I said there was no reason to continue the converstaion and got off the phone. He then sent me the following text: "Did you call to do business or did you call to start a fight? ... and I can do both." As far as I'm concerned his conduct was very unprofessional and reflects poorly on the company.
Seadragon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:03 AM   #19

Angry Nationwide RV Glass a division of Avid Glass

I needed a new windshield and did a quick google search.
I found this company and on there website, it states this...
"Receive up to $150 off of your deductible or out-of-pocket cost of your RV windshield replacement, or up to $150 cash back if you are fully-covered by insurance! (Must mention this offer at time of order.)"
So, I called and told them that I have $0 deductible coverage and how do I go about getting them started and how I received the $150. They told me I wasn't eligible as I had insurance. But, isn't that what the statement said.
I went with them anyway. argh.
It took forever to get the windshield and it cracked 2 days after install without ever going anywhere.
I have been trying to get them to replace it for over 4 months. I started the proceess in August 2020 and it is almost 2021.
Don't use this company!
lfitchinazrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #20

Any of these companies use a network of local glass shops to install new windsheilds. Your experience will vary with the experience and reliability of the local installer. In our case, Nationwide sent a mobile crew out to us. The windsheild leaked, but we were moving around a lot so it was difficult to schedule the warranty. They came out again, but were not successful at stopping the leak. We finally took it to their shop and camped out there for several days in their parking lot so that they could pull the windsheild, reset it, and then let the glue cure. We gave it a good water test before leaving and it has been fine ever since.
If this ever happens again, I will insist on taking the coach to an experienced RV glass shop and staying there until I know it has been done right. I will negotiate that directly with Progressive and make sure they approve the shop.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadragon31 View Post
Went to the Nationwide RV Glass website, determined they have an affiliate in my area "Did you call to do business or did you call to start a fight? ... and I can do both." As far as I'm concerned his conduct was very unprofessional and reflects poorly on the company.
Anytime a vendor wants a phone number and won't give a clear price you're probably dealing with commissioned sales people, which I prefer to avoid if I can. No offense to anyone here doing that.
snogroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:35 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
I used these guys .. got it right the first time.
AND they do "fogged and snaking seals" on dual pane windows as well (looked to be fast turn around)
https://www.rvglassexperts.com/
That's who I'm going to on the 11th. They are also a sponsor of this forum.

This will be my second windshield. First windshield was replaced by SafeLite. They did the replacement at my home. But it cracked about a year later (wasn't even using the coach - it sat for as year during COVID). Just cracked one day. I also bought a new gasket (although insurance would not pay for it) because I figured the original gasket was over 15 years old now and now is probably a good time to replace.

I have no deductible on windshield replacement (I'm in FL). My insurance company uses Safelite Glass to handle glass only claims, and says I can use anyone I want (they just have to approve the cost). They had no problem with me using RV Coach Glass (RV Glass Solutions).
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
That's who I'm going to on the 11th. They are also a sponsor of this forum.

This will be my second windshield. First windshield was replaced by SafeLite. They did the replacement at my home. But it cracked about a year later (wasn't even using the coach - it sat for as year during COVID). Just cracked one day. I also bought a new gasket (although insurance would not pay for it) because I figured the original gasket was over 15 years old now and now is probably a good time to replace.

I have no deductible on windshield replacement (I'm in FL). My insurance company uses Safelite Glass to handle glass only claims, and says I can use anyone I want (they just have to approve the cost). They had no problem with me using RV Coach Glass (RV Glass Solutions).

We just had our windshield replaced by RV Glass Solutions in their Elkhart, IN location. Then covered the coach for winter before any significant rain. We'll find out in the spring how it's holding but we wanted to get it done right by experienced installers. But the whole process took quite a while.

Basically the same story, we had $100.00 deductible on glass but we also wanted get the old dry rotted gasket replaced and that was on us.
Our insurance co first suggested SafeLite. Couple weeks go by and finally got response from the local SafeLite that they no longer do RV glass.
Insurance company had no problem changing it to the rvglassexperts.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:02 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Last month i had my second one piece windshield replaced due to stone crack.

What i did each time was asked my local rv dealer (giant recreation world in Ormond beach) who they used. The first one was done at my storage, the second one 4 years later by a different company i brought the rv to them. Got the coach back in 2 days.

Here in Florida if you have collision insurance there is no deductible for windshields and no cost to me.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:45 AM   #25

Your best bet is to contact your insurance company and have them direct you to a company to use. There are not many suppliers for class A windshields. We had a crew that came to us, but the widsheild leaked. They came to fix it again and it still leaked. We finally went to the glass shop where they pulled and reinstalled the winsheild. We stayed overnight so it could be water tested before we left.
There are several types of widshield instalations. Most newer coaches have the glass glued directly to to front cap with urethane and the gasket is meerly a trim piece. Older types relied on the gasket for both sealing and holding the glass in place.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:20 PM   #26

Nationwide RV Glass

Used Nationwide RV Glass for a one piece install.

Terrible experience. Do not use them.