Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #1

Need a 1997 Beaver Monterey electrical schematic?

Trying to troubleshoot electrical problems throughout the rig. Both 12 volt and 120 are giving me fits. I need to see if anyone has a 1997 Beaver Monterey electrical schematic. My rig has a Cat 300 engine 3126? I have been using a 1995 Beaver Patriot schematic and it's driving me insane. It would make it a hell of a lot easier if I had the right one. Thanks for your help in advance. Chris.
dorfboyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #2

Do you still own the 1997 Beaver Monterey? Did you ever find a schematic? I have a 1999 Beaver Patriot and am having similar problems with electrical. Just installed new chassis batteries but MH still will not start. I don't have a schematic and don't know where to start beyond checking fuses at the 12V panel, which were good.
Best regards,
Bob G.
BOBNBONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #3

There are no late 90s beaver schematics remaining. Years a go I found a link crusing the Beaver Ambassador Club website and found a schematic from a 95-ish patriot, which kind of gave me some ideas about how they do things.

As far as your starting problem goes, the diesel ECU is grounded through a single wire to one of the chassis batteries. It's easy to change the batteries and not get that hooked up. Took me a couple weekends to find it when it happened to me.

The motor will usually crank but there's no power to the ECU. In my case, it would randomly ground and work, and then not.

Beaver did do a great job of marking each and every wire about every foot with a silver circuit ID. That will get you a long way, as will the labelling in the electrical bay.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #4

Beaver electrical

Thanks for your replies. No I did not find a schematic for a 97 did mine it for a 95 Patriot with little or no help. I did find a broken wire from the ECU inside the insulation going to my chassis batteries which created my problem took a long time to figure out when out it's working right now. Plus found for crack terminal ends with a magnifying glass they look good but did not make a complete connection. We did all the terminals and now things seem to be working at least for the moment. On to the next issue which I'm sure will appear quickly. Thanks for your help
dorfboyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #5

Hello again, sorry this is so late to get back to you. I worked through some of the electrical issues and have been able to start our 1999 Beaver Patriot. Although it requires use of the coach battery boost. The initial problem, and still is a problem that I've not been able to trace yet, is something drawing down the batteries. The two chassis batteries were at 7 volts when tested. They were under warranty so I now have two new. Also found the distilled water low in the coach batteries (wet cells). I've added water and all the batteries are charging again. Am able to start the motor and the generator. Still need to find what is drawing the juice from the batteries. Until I can, I've turned off the coach switch by the exit. This turns all 12V systems off. Also, I only have one outlet running on 120 V at present. thank for your comments and suggestions. It gave me the courage to dive in. Best regards, Bob G.
BOBNBONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver, electrical, monterey