Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #1

Need a New Muffler

Pulled into the CG and found the Chrome Exhaust Extention was gone along with the 4" stub off the end of the muffler.
I am going to weld a new extension on the end to get me going down the road but will be putting on a new muffler and chrome exten.

Anybody have any suggestions for a new muffler aside from the OEM? The OEM is 4", End In, End out, 30" Body and 11.0" OD. I have looked on the Walker & Donaldson sites and don't see one that is the same dimention which means re-work of the mounting brackets etc. which I would llike to avoid.
I am sure Spartan can supply the OEM but curious to hear if any of you have replaced your muffler with something better. IE SS?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #2

I am sure there are many good Muffler shops that can take care of you. I would not see any need to return to the OEM. or Banks
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
This one is 20" long
Aero Turbine Exhaust AT4040 4040 Muffler
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
A good choice, but the XL model will be quieter, with the same performance Aero Turbine Exhaust AT4040XL 4040XL Muffler
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
I replaced my muffler with the Aero Turbine XL. It is a stainless muffler, lifetime guarantee, quieter and claims to increase performance by 15% - 20%. Had to change the mounting brackets but it was still very easy. The coach is a 41' Gulf Stream quar slide with Cummins ISC engine. Cost $295 with shipping. Safe traveling.
friendshipg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #6

I just replaced my OEM muffler with one of the Aero 4040's muffler. Beautiful piece of equipment, polished stainless steel, actually a real shame to hide it under a motorhome. I'm not sure of all the claims, ie, better mpg, more hp, what it did do is made my little 275 hp Cummins sound like 500 hp!! LOL!! It is not opressive, nice pleasing, deep, sound. I bought mine from, Parley's diesel.com.
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote