Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Need a place to park a large Class A near LAX

I need to drop someone off at LAX. I am not dropping them at the curb so I need a place to park while I take them to check in etc. We will be in our RV which is a 43' Monaco that I prefer not take into the airport environment at LAX. Any ideas, thoughts suggestions as to a safe place to leave it for a few hours within a 30 minute range of the airport? I tried to contact the airport to see if they had any lots that would accommodate us but I could not get through to a live person.
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
I need to drop someone off at LAX. I am not dropping them at the curb so I need a place to park while I take them to check in etc. We will be in our RV which is a 43' Monaco that I prefer not take into the airport environment at LAX. Any ideas, thoughts suggestions as to a safe place to leave it for a few hours within a 30 minute range of the airport? I tried to contact the airport to see if they had any lots that would accommodate us but I could not get through to a live person.
relaxn
I would ask permission to park it in the parking lot of a nearby police station.... municipal building... or hospital.
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
Do any hotels near LAX should have a free shuttle service...? Maybe park in their lot, take shuttle with friend to A/P then shuttle back to hotel..
Bigrig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #4

How about a Costco? There's one in Marina del Ray about 5 miles from LAX ... Then Uber it over to the airport. Looks like about a $17 fare at the moment one way.

1998 Fleetwood: Pace Arrow Vision 36B (Chevy 454)
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
How about a Costco? There's one in Marina del Ray about 5 miles from LAX ... Then Uber it over to the airport. Looks like about a $17 fare at the moment one way.

I'm not very familiar with the area....think it would be safe to leave an RV unattended there?
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #6

Relaxn,
I do layovers at LAX and we stay in Marina del Rey. It's a nice area, and that's why I thought of it. As far as the safety of your RV I believe it would be fine during the daytime, but leaving it unattended in the dark is another matter. I've not personally seen the Costco there, but if you look on google maps you should be able to find some good options.

I did google RV parking at LAX and it appears that RV parking is not allowed at the airport because people were staying in the RVs long term in the lots so the airport said no RVs period.

Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I had lived in the LA area for 16 years and frankly ANY parking close to LAX is tough enough for cars versus finding a decent place for a 43 foot coach.

I am assuming that you will have a car to drive into LAX and park at one of their short term parking lots.

I would forget about considering the Costco parking lot as it will be full of cars. Just take a look at the Google satellite image for Marina Del Ray Costco.

Frankly what I would do in your situation is to call the Dockweiler RV Park to ask them if it would be possible to park your coach for a few hours someplace at their facility or possibly at the Dockweiler Beach parking lot.

Dockweiler RV Park phone number - (800) 950-7275

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I had lived in the LA area for 16 years and frankly ANY parking close to LAX is tough enough for cars versus finding a decent place for a 43 foot coach.

I am assuming that you will have a car to drive into LAX and park at one of their short term parking lots.

I would forget about considering the Costco parking lot as it will be full of cars. Just take a look at the Google satellite image for Marina Del Ray Costco.

Frankly what I would do in your situation is to call the Dockweiler RV Park to ask them if it would be possible to park your coach for a few hours someplace at their facility or possibly at the Dockweiler Beach parking lot.

Dockweiler RV Park phone number - (800) 950-7275

Dr4Film ----- Richard
That would be your best bet.
2004 Jeep TJ 4"lift 35" tires 4:56 gears
Mark & Carole Big Bear, Ca. RVM 54
Phoenix2551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, class a