Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Need back up light lenses for 2011 Fleetwood Discovery

Hi All:

First off, I apologize if I’m in the wrong forum. I have a heck of a time finding the right place.

I have a 2011 Fleetwood Discovery. After 10 years, The lights and lenses are starting to show their age. I called REV. They are always my starting point. I was told that they are no longer available. My first thought was “What do people do that are in accidents or victims of vandalism? But, that’s what I was told and since we’re in stressful time, I chose not to be part of the problem.

Is there an RV equivalent to JC Whitney?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I:d hate tohave to buy a new RV because I can’t find bakup light lenses.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2020, 06:59 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Interesting question, mine sitll look great, but my rig stays indoors when its not in use. Thought I would throw this out while your playing with it

I took out the regular bulbs and put in a square 2"x2" LED light in behind the light cover. Don't remember the watts(18W is my guess), but same wattage/lights as what everyone puts in their bumpers, etc. You don't really see them unless your looking for them behind the lens, but when I put the rig in Reverse have zero issues seeing whats behind me. Just tapped into the wire that went to the old bulb, right behind that silver cup thingy.

Just something to ponder while your playing with it.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #3

Chances are your lenses were made by Bargman. Search their web sit for your lenses.
https://www.bargman.com/

Richard
Old 05-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #4

Well, it's cheaper to buy the assemblies rather than buy an entire new RV ...obviously, lol. I'm not sure where you'd source just the lens but you can purchase the entire assembly. However, to replace all four, it would be around $700 as they appear to be about $175 apiece.

An ebay vendor does sell the assemblies

FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 2009 2010 2011 LOWER LEFT DRIVER TAIL LAMP TAILLIGHT RV

I'm kind of thinking that a body shop might just charge for the entire assembly and integrate it into their price if even they can't source it if you were to take it to a shop to have accident damage repaired ...or, see comments below as perhaps they'd use a cross reference.

Many times, motorhome manufacturers will use tail and headlight assemblies found on passenger cars or trucks. Maybe you can ask in the iRV2 Fleetwood Owner's Forum if anybody knows if in fact the Discovery used the same assembly used in a car and research from there whether you can find just the lens. It kind of looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it to even guess at the moment.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:08 PM   #5

Im just repeating what's been said to look for a DOT # on lens and google it, to see if its off a production line of cars or trucks . Some lights were corvette and mercedes even though i think they were fronts turn sig or HL.
I can't remember app name or or part of google chrome but you take a pic and it finds it.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Well, it's cheaper to buy the assemblies rather than buy an entire new RV ...obviously, lol. I'm not sure where you'd source just the lens but you can purchase the entire assembly. However, to replace all four, it would be around $700 as they appear to be about $175 apiece.

An ebay vendor does sell the assemblies

FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 2009 2010 2011 LOWER LEFT DRIVER TAIL LAMP TAILLIGHT RV

I'm kind of thinking that a body shop might just charge for the entire assembly and integrate it into their price if even they can't source it if you were to take it to a shop to have accident damage repaired ...or, see comments below as perhaps they'd use a cross reference.

Many times, motorhome manufacturers will use tail and headlight assemblies found on passenger cars or trucks. Maybe you can ask in the iRV2 Fleetwood Owner's Forum if anybody knows if in fact the Discovery used the same assembly used in a car and research from there whether you can find just the lens. It kind of looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it to even guess at the moment.
Sorry. Disregard. Old age again. I have no idea why I interpreted that as "tail lights" ...my apologies.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #7
Dom

My 2014 Fleetwood back up lenses were really faded. I looked to youtube. I just rubbed them vigorously with polishing compound and then wax. Then turned out pretty good
Old 05-17-2020, 12:29 AM   #8

Just had this problem

Rev didn’t have the driver and they wanted $300 some dollars for the passenger. My local RV shop said google the numbers and the lenses themselves. Turns out they were off 95-2000 Toyota Tacoma’s. Less then $70 for both.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Im just repeating what's been said to look for a DOT # on lens and google it, to see if its off a production line of cars or trucks . Some lights were corvette and mercedes even though i think they were fronts turn sig or HL.
I can't remember app name or or part of google chrome but you take a pic and it finds it.
RV mfgrs. do not have exterior lighting special-made, they usually buy surplus left over from auto/truck mftrs. after last years production run.
For instance, my headlamps are from a 1992-1997 Ford Crown Victoria. Taillights are standard Bargman lighting, and my MH was the most expensive Winnebago made.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpvb View Post
Hi All:

First off, I apologize if I’m in the wrong forum. I have a heck of a time finding the right place.

I have a 2011 Fleetwood Discovery. After 10 years, The lights and lenses are starting to show their age. I called REV. They are always my starting point. I was told that they are no longer available. My first thought was “What do people do that are in accidents or victims of vandalism? But, that’s what I was told and since we’re in stressful time, I chose not to be part of the problem.

Is there an RV equivalent to JC Whitney?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I:d hate tohave to buy a new RV because I can’t find bakup light lenses.

Your tail lights appear to be from a 1993-1995 Mercury Villager mini van. The reverse lights are round white lenses, should be generic.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood, light