Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Need Help ASAP Please =)

1993 Cobra Cordoba 32' Class A 454 Chevy Gas

The front suspension between the upper and lower A arm (or control arm) is a coil spring with an orange airbag inside of it. What type of suspension is this, what type of bag is used, where do i go online to find one, or what is a newer design replacement for it?

My passenger side bag decided to blow out over the year and won't hold any air at all making the coach sit a bit crooked. Driver side was replaced about 3-4 years ago by PO after hitting a pothole and blowing it out. its still in really good shape. I don't mind going back with the same design, but I thought if there was something newer or better to replace it with?

Please help me in my quest. I type in air suspension for RV but I get air bag assist for 1 ton trucks that pull 5th wheels... i'm sure its close, but i kinda need "exact" the PO husband is no longer around so I can't get ahold of anyone to point me anywhere, so I turn to the "Geek Squad" of Motorhomes for the assistance instead! Sooner I can find one the better. Leave for Nebraska September 26th with or without a new bag....

Thanks Again in Advance....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
well i finally found one on PPL... but how do I know what weight rating I need?? LOL TOO MANY OPTIONS!!!! ERRRR
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNiemann
1993 Cobra Cordoba 32' Class A 454 Chevy Gas

The front suspension between the upper and lower A arm (or control arm) is a coil spring with an orange airbag inside of it. What type of suspension is this, what type of bag is used, where do i go online to find one, or what is a newer design replacement for it?

My passenger side bag decided to blow out over the year and won't hold any air at all making the coach sit a bit crooked. Driver side was replaced about 3-4 years ago by PO after hitting a pothole and blowing it out. its still in really good shape. I don't mind going back with the same design, but I thought if there was something newer or better to replace it with?

Please help me in my quest. I type in air suspension for RV but I get air bag assist for 1 ton trucks that pull 5th wheels... i'm sure its close, but i kinda need "exact" the PO husband is no longer around so I can't get ahold of anyone to point me anywhere, so I turn to the "Geek Squad" of Motorhomes for the assistance instead! Sooner I can find one the better. Leave for Nebraska September 26th with or without a new bag....

Thanks Again in Advance....
Chris,
Go to airliftcompany.com - sold in sets about $100.00 - enter you MH info & your done.

Todd
97 SWind P30 - 32H
Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank You Todd! Thats what I was looking for, and cheaper than PPL as well! went to take pictures underneath incase someone needed them and found a sticker for airlift as well! $81.20 for a pair!!! THANK YOU!

i was expecting $500+ also found my rear setup that I'm gonna get over winter as well!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do a search for Firestone 1000 airbags. Just looking at the photo I am guessing you have a P32 GM chassis. Under the Firestone listings you will find the kit for whatever chassis you have. I believe the kit is less than $100.
If you choose to have the work done it should cost around $400. Parts and labor to replace both. Any GM or Workhorse truck service center should be able to install them.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i was planning on doing it the hard way by tearing the entire underside apart to replace this, so now that i know how easy it really is from the instructions you can download on their site, i'm doing this one myself!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good for you. Its not really all that hard. The important part is to inflate them properly once installed. I have done more of them than I like to remember. If you have any questions just ask.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Airlift is my recommendation as well..

What kind of suspension: Coil spring with air bag. (When it comes to suspention the descripiton of the thing is, in fact it's name) Just so you know.

I have priced air bags for my motor home (Which uses LEAF spring, means the air bags cost more) and AirLift, which by the way is based in Lansing Michign. beat Firestone, and Firestone beat everybody else save for Air Lift.

So there you have the two lowest prices.

JC WHitney sold me Air Lift bags for my last "Tow Car" They worked well, lasted .. Well, they were still good when the car "Went to pieces" as they say.. (Died of natural cuses)

Beats the car I had that died of a drug overdose (Got ran over by a drug store shuttle truck)
Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bags should be ordered in 2 weeks! Nice and cold that way!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I recommend the Air Lift bags. It can be tough getting the new bags twisted into a roll and slipped up the hole in the lower control arm. Make sure tha new air bag is nice and warm so it will be easier to work with.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #11

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Sorry I just noticed this post. If you have any issues or additional questions with any of our products feel free to let me know. I will do anything I can to make sure you get the answers you need.

You might want to shop around at our different retailers to see who has the best price right now or when you order them in two weeks.

Retailer List
AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
sweet, AirLift has a page now too! Thanks for the input! Time frame changed a bit for the bags, looks like were finally moving home to Nebraska so the RV is going to be parked in a month while we take the Blazer back to Oklahoma to get the Camaro and all our stuff in a UHaul, maybe in the spring when its warmer out I'll do the bags then so I can feel my fingers through the entire process! :-)

but i look forward to doing business with your company and thank you for the retailer list!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #13

Truckspring.com was the cheapest when I bought my airlift bags. Good Luck
Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #14

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNiemann View Post
sweet, AirLift has a page now too! Thanks for the input! Time frame changed a bit for the bags, looks like were finally moving home to Nebraska so the RV is going to be parked in a month while we take the Blazer back to Oklahoma to get the Camaro and all our stuff in a UHaul, maybe in the spring when its warmer out I'll do the bags then so I can feel my fingers through the entire process! :-)

but i look forward to doing business with your company and thank you for the retailer list!
No problem. I completely understand the numb comment, good luck with the move.
AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote