Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #1

Need help deciding which class a bunkhouse

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum, and need help deciding which class a bunkhouse to purchase. I have narrowed my search to the thor miramar 34.3 and the Winnebago vista 35b. I can purchase both for about the same price. I like some of the extra features on the miramar, but am concerned with the quality and the tpo roof. The Winnebago comes with a fiberglass roof, but has less options than the Thor. Is one significantly better than the other. Please help.
Yoshen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have merged the two threads you started on this topic since our rules don't allow duplicate posts.

We're glad you found us and best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yoshen 123,

I would reccommend the Winnebago and stay clear of the Thor. We have been Winne owners for 7 years and love it. We happen to have the Sightseer 35-J but the Vista appears to be a sound one too. Remember, Winnebago support and customer service comes with your coach and it is very good to have. JMHO.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would recommend the Fleetwood Discovery 40G. Just because we have one and love it. Yes, I know I'm biased.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #5

We just got a fleetwood terra se 31c. It has a bunkhouse and seems pretty nifty. Haven't had a chance for maiden voyage yet tho. 31'. Length so I think I'll be able to squeeze it into a 30' spot.
compute42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #6

Between the two you listed I would go with the Winnebago Vista. I've owned 3 Winnebago's and they provided many happy memories.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #7

Bunk gas class a

We researched thus for over a year in the search for a bunk model for my daughter.

Thoughts--

Winnebago over thor due to quality

Looked at almost everything !

Forrest river Georgetown xl 352 and 350 are very nice. Georgetown regular model is a very popular bunk also.

We liked the tiffin qba --just could not put the right deal together plus there are still a few issues with the spec level on that coach vs others.

Ended up with 2014 georgetown xl 350 with full body paint, residential refrig, tile floor etc.

Several trips so far-- very happy with the decision. Really like the 24k gvwr and reasonable wheelbase. Good Ccc also.

Tom Volk

2013 entegra anthem deq
Daughter has 2014 georgetown xl 350
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #8

I have a 2013 Winnebago 35b. 3rd winnebago that we just love. Previously had the 35j. With bunks and had to get the latest with 2 bathrooms. Me, wife 4 kids and 3 boxer dogs. We are very happy with our decision. Sticker was $141k. Got it down to $104k. Have driven it almost 10,000 miles and happy with it. Had a few minor warranty issues at 1st. That is par for the course. You know my vote. Winnebago for sure.
shortboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 2011 Winnebago Journey Express 39N (Bunkhouse model). Diesel Pusher, 40 feet in length. If you can find one of these used (they only made them in 2010 and 2011, I would strongly consider it.

The quality and customer service from Winnebago has been outstanding. We love it.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #10

Need help deciding which class a bunkhouse

don't walk away from Thor RUN
Xanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #11

I looked at bunkhouse class A's too and liked the Miramar floor plan better then the Winnebago. I feel I have more privacy in the master bed area with the bunks on the opposite side as Thor has done. Also if you need the drop down bed over the cockpit area, I found Thor's far superior to any other out there. An Rv size queen that will support 500 pounds. I ended up with a Windsport 34j. Pretty much the same floor plan as the Miramar your looking at but not as much $$. Plus I wasn't completely sold on the residential fridge in the Miramar as we dry camp a lot.
Giant Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #12

I have the a fLEETWOOD tERRA 34 b AND LOVE IT
landtrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Interesting, you ask about two specific coaches and start getting offers to look at others. I guess it saves you the time of asking about others IF you ever intended to.

We upgraded this past December from the Vista 35B. The Vista was a very nice coach. The bath and a half is a very nice feature, and the shower in the full bath is huge by gas motorhome standards. The main thing to know ahead of time is that the 35B has two black tanks and two grey tanks. While that is very nice when it comes to extending time between dumps, it can be inconvenient when actually dumping. The mid-ship tanks dump from in front of the rear duals and the rear tanks dump from the very last compartment. I found the distance between the tanks just a tad bit far to "Y" them together for a single hook up.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #14

Post Motorhomes with Bunk Beds (Class A & Class C RVs)

Here's a nice list of all the Thor motor coach's with bunk beds and hidden over heads... Looks to be about a dozen bunkhouses, class a and class c motorhomes:

Link: List of Motorhomes with Bunk Beds from Thor Motor Coach the #1 Manufacturer (Bunkhouse Diesel Pushers, Class A,Class B,& Class C RVs with Bunk Beds)

JTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, need help