Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2022, 06:23 AM   #1

Need help getting parts for 8551202 Dometic WeatherPro Awning

Hi,
New to irv2 forum so I hope I'm in the right place. We have a 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bay with a Dometic WeatherPro Awning. Yesterday, while retracting it, both the upper bracket head and lower right bracket arm (facing coach) snapped off. The product # on the arm is 958319976 and model # is 8551202.400U. We've been searching all over and cannot find replacement parts. This was manufactured in 2007. Can anyone direct us where we can replacement parts? Not sure it we need the entire arm or not. Thx
ChrisnLish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2022, 01:52 PM   #2

I couldn't find a parts number breakdown. Could only find the parts list in the installation manual but they don't show part numbers.

Either contact Dometic directly or head over to eBay and search for Dometic WeatherPro and see what comes up.

here's my search string. You may be able to find what you need using this link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...erpro&_sacat=0

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:31 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not to be negative, just reality, parts like this (14 years old) start to become VERY hard to find. From my experience - I needed a replacement motor for my A&E One Step One awning two years ago. No luck finding it anywhere until searching on Ebay a parts dealer in Indiana had one left. And my unit is 2003 - 5 years older than yours. The awning manufacturers move on to new models that do not have capability to be used on the older models. Keep looking. You might get lucky too.

The arm and related parts may have more in common with newer models. I suggest trying to find a tech who specializes in awnings. There is one in the Tampa area. I can't find his name.
CaptainJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #4
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with what's been said. A&E parts for an awning that old where the awning has been discontinued for some time are usually not readily available. Somebody else was looking for a part for an older awning here on the forum (I think it was this forum, I'll do a search when I get a chance) where they reported back that Dometic doesn't hold any parts stock of awnings that have been discontinued which, if true, is really a shame.

It may come down to having to have a metal/machine shop somewhere fabricate something that can be used as a substitute. Or, look for used discarded parts from one of the RV salvage sites.

Also, keep searching different RV parts sites & ebay as you might come across by accident a vendor who may have one available. Here's one that by doing a quick search appears that they could have one ...I actually put it in a cart and it accepted it but you might call the number of the vendor listed on the page to confirm before going through the ordering process:

Dometic 8551202.400U Hardware, Weatherpro Std Blk - RV Parts Express

^ those are the arms that are sold in pairs (2 arms), I haven't yet seen one arm sold by itself for some reason.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:04 AM   #5

Thanks. I've been looking on eBay and will continue doing so. As luck would have it, we are on day 5 of a 3 month trip. A couple zipties should keep it secure during our travels.
ChrisnLish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic, need help, parts