Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2022, 11:40 AM   #1

Need Help on LED Lights for Class A Coach

Upgraded to this coach and I cannot believe the crappy headlights that are supplied with the coach. I had a Class C Coach prior and Headlight Revolution was a great resource. They helped tremendously on a Ford E-450 Chassis that was much easier to put in a true LED plug and play lights. Once these were installed it was like a blow torch in the night. I could see great.

Now I have a 2022 Thor Venetian Coach and I can see barely 20 feet in front of the coach. I have to drive with the high beams the entire time. If not I cant even seen the road markers to stay in the lane. It is ridiculous.

Now that I have researched it they have put in these funky 90MM Headlights. I assume they are halogen with a lens. Very yellow in color and must not be focused correctly.

Thor was not much help except to send over the break up. They washed there hands by saying they buy the part whole and have not control of what type of lens/bulb is used. They buy the whole assembly and install it and call it a day.

Can anyone help on how I could upgrade these to LED 90MM lights??? Thinking just may have to live with it and get them adjusted.

How do you adjust these damn things??? Funny as the dealers always seem lost when you ask them........

Thor?? Anyone can help......These lights are junk.....See attached assembly
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TFM5785-02.PDF headlamp.pdf (75.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf TPL1080-00.PDF bezel.pdf (151.7 KB, 8 views)
Slingoslingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #2

Your lighting appears to be Hella lamps or similar. the link below is an instruction download from Hella for some 60mm lamps that are the same configuration as their 90mm lamps. The illustrations on page 16 and 19 show the mounting screws and springs that are used on these lamps. The three screws with the springs are used to adjust vertical and horizontal adjustments, similar to leveling a three legged stool.

https://www.hella.com/soe/assets/doc...dul_60_LED.pdf

Aiming is usually a great first step, as great light that goes in the wrong direction results in crappy headlights for both drivers and oncoming traffic.

I hope this helps get you toward having better lighting.
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:53 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know this comment s not LED related but I bought a new (in 2010) Class A Gulfstream coach. The headlights we so bad I finally pulled up to a large building at night and my headlights were so out of adjustment, one pointing down low the the other point out into a field. Had the tool required with me and I adjusted them by looking at the wall they were shining on. You need to be about 15’ away from the wall. 100% improvement.
Barneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:11 PM   #4

If the light is yellow you probably have an electrical problem, have you checked voltage (with lights on) and ground?
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:51 PM   #5

It's not uncommon for there to be a significant voltage drop in the headlight wiring of diesel class As. Too many feet of wiring that's undersized for the distance. Measure the voltage at the light. Best if can leave the bulbs plugged in. Might not be possible depending on the headlight connection. If your voltage is low, you'll need to run a larger power wire to the front and use the existing switch and wire to activate a relay. That way you by pass all the wires going up to the dash, through the switch and to the headlights. If you can't find an LED bulb that works in your headlights, you can use HIDs in the low beam. Looks like you have projector headlights so your low beam fixture should have a built-in horizontal cut-off baffle.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:08 PM   #6

Yellow Cast

I should be more clear. I dont think it is voltage. The light is just not very white compared to my last experience with LED lights that I installed on my E-450 Coach. Just a very dull yellow white light. It reminds me again of the same light I had on the my original coach E-450 from Ford. Same problem here. Good chance the one on my Class A are not aligned properly as stated by prior comments.

Once I installed the new S-4 LED on my E-450 - Very simple installation - Required a little work with some ratchets to reach a few bolts. It was plug and play and zip tie the transformer down. The difference was 10X better.

Driving out of the Grand Canyon early morning a 4AM the lights were like a blowtorch and saved me at least three times from hitting elk/mule deer on the way out. The light reach was great along with some side lighting. Of course the road was quite and could run high beams. My wife even noticed the difference and mentioned how bright the lights were.

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/s-v-4-led-headlights-h13-bulbs-HRH13V4_2?quantity=1[/URL]

I strongly recommend these LED Lights for anyone running H-13. Worth the price and will last compared to cheaper models.

Besides trying to adjust the beam pattern I hope I can find a more simple plug and play but looks like it may require a little more than my E-450.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33070.H13_SV.4.010.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	354068  
Slingoslingo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, led, light, lights, need help