Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #1

Need help with new-to-me RV

My wife and I recently purchased a 2006 Coachmen Cross Country se 384ts diesel pusher (Freightliner chassis, 5.9 cummins 300 hp ), and in spite of paying for a survey of the coach prior to buying it, there are some things that do not work that I didn't find out until our first camping trip.

The first I would like suggestions on is that none of the TVs will power up. I have checked the circuit breakers and they are not tripped, but there is no power to the 110 plugs they are plugged into.

Secondly there are switches on the dash I cannot figure out their purpose and I cannot find any diagrams telling me what they are for.

The 12v accessory plug on the dash has no power as well.

Any suggestions of how to troubleshoot? I am a complete newb to this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Is the person who did your inspection located near you? If so I'd have them come by and explain why there is no 110 power to your tvs. Probably just one of the 100v circuit breakers are tripped.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #3

A few questions. Do you have any 110 power at all. Do you have it when you're docked? Do you have it when your on generator? Can you plug a lamp in the same outlets as the tvs and get anything ?
TheTravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might start by looking for any tripped GFCI outlets in the coach. They may be in the bathroom or near a sink, possibly in the galley.

burfurd
Old 08-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Check your 12v fuses till you find the one that controls the 12v Auxiliary outlet as some MH's had a 12V relay that shut the front TV off while travelling. This 12V fused relay also controlled other 12V circuits. If the ignition key is on the TV plug was dead.
Also GFI's control a lot of the plugs in your RV so make sure they are not tripped. They can even be found in luggage compartments as the manufacture wanted to see how resourceful we are at finding them.
Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Is the person who did your inspection located near you? If so I'd have them come by and explain why there is no 110 power to your tvs. Probably just one of the 100v circuit breakers are tripped.
Tried calling them, they are not returning my calls. I checked the breaker box and none appear to be tripped but I should probably flip them off and on to see.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravler View Post
A few questions. Do you have any 110 power at all. Do you have it when you're docked? Do you have it when your on generator? Can you plug a lamp in the same outlets as the tvs and get anything ?
I have 110 everywhere else as far as I can tell. Shore power or generator makes no difference, it is like the circuit is dead but none of the breakers are tripped. If it is on a GFIC that is tripped it may take a little sleuthing!
Old 08-24-2017, 10:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Bounder1st View Post
Check your 12v fuses till you find the one that controls the 12v Auxiliary outlet as some MH's had a 12V relay that shut the front TV off while travelling. This 12V fused relay also controlled other 12V circuits. If the ignition key is on the TV plug was dead.
Also GFI's control a lot of the plugs in your RV so make sure they are not tripped. They can even be found in luggage compartments as the manufacture wanted to see how resourceful we are at finding them.
Terry

OOOH, you might have something here! Guess it's time to get dirty!

Tags
need help