Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Question Need Input on 2006 Four Winds Hurricane 31D

We are thinking of buying A 2006 Thor Four Winds Hurricane 31D We can get it at a great price. The body looks good except some of the decals and the tires need to be replaced. Someone painted the black decals and the paint is peeling on them. It has the ford triton V-10 engine and the ford F-53 chassis. The captains chairs are cloth and not vinyl or leather. It originally came with one AC, but someone added a second one in the bedroom. It looks like a factory install and is ducted like the front one. The interior is in good shape for a 9 year old Mtr Hm.
I Would like to hear from Previous and present owners. Comments both Pro and Con. Any major problems and things to check or look out for. Any one had leak or roof problems. I would appreciate any comments and help.
TIA
Mel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 04:57 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 2006 Hurricane 34H on a Workhorse chassis. I have a 2nd AC and a 5.5kw generator and 50 amp service.

My BCC was recalled even though the recall says 2007 and newer Hurricanes. The " Custom RV Products FW-2050" BCC was recalled, look under your hood and see you have the same BCC.

Get on the roof, check for soft spots around the front and rear cap joints (seams). I couldnt keep mine sealed more than one year at a time. Finally got rid of the Dicor sealant and put Externabond tape across both seams. No problems since.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:08 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Smile We Bought it

Well we bit the Bullet and bought the one I was looking at. See my Sig. It will be great for boon docking and camping short enough to get into most if not all camp grounds. It has a 3000 Watt Inverter and 4ea 6 volt deep cycle batteries. 2 AC's and everything we need. No delam or water damage.
Mel
Old 06-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #4

I just bought a 2006 hurricane 30q a few weeks ago. Take it through a truck wash. The high pressure washers really do a good job of pinpointing leaks. I though mine was no leaks, but now i see some minor ones. Look for shrinking gaskets around the windows. Other than that, i love ours. Issue with battery charger, but thats about it.
AKITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:00 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2006 Thor 31D that I recently purchased, and either the inverter does not work, or it did not come from the factory with one. Can you tell if the 3000watt inverter on your unit was a new install, or replaced a smaller factory one?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Iceman-31D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-31D View Post
I have a 2006 Thor 31D that I recently purchased, and either the inverter does not work, or it did not come from the factory with one. Can you tell if the 3000watt inverter on your unit was a new install, or replaced a smaller factory one?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Mine was a after market install it was not the original one. also the factory battery charger is not a 3 or 4 stage and will over charge the batteries if left on shore power all of the time. I changed my out and installed a 4 stage charger for the house and chassis batteries. check for switches at the foot of the bed also at the entrance on the left. mine has a switch for the inverter located there and 2 switches at the foot of the bed. on the right side of the bed is a control panel with fuses and some circuit breakers. if you need more help let me know. I also converted mine to 50 amp power. I have made many mods to mine. see the link in my sig if you want to go to my blog.
Mel

Tags
four winds, hurricane