Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #1

Need RV transport service FL>TX

We're considering an RV transport service to move our Class A about 1100 miles from Florida to Texas. We're full-timers who still work, so this would help with our geographic logistics.

Anyone have experience, caveats, recommendations, horror stories?

Thanks in advance!
roaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #2

I can only respond with experience on moving RV trailers. Moving your Class A might be a little different, some info may apply.

(For Moving a Trailer)
If you want a professional RV service, expect to pay about $2/mile. There are a lot of RV transport companies in the North Indiana area that may be delivering to your area and looking for a back haul, Star is one and they also deliver Class A's to dealers.
Otherwise check on U-Ship and post a bid request or even Craig's List under "Transport". Typical cost for a private transport truck would be $1/mile but they may not have commercial hauling insurance. You get what you pay for in this business.

If you are just hiring a driver, check with your insurance co. about adding a temp driver to the policy.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #3

Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaming View Post
We're considering an RV transport service to move our Class A about 1100 miles from Florida to Texas. We're full-timers who still work, so this would help with our geographic logistics.

Anyone have experience, caveats, recommendations, horror stories?

Thanks in advance!
I have a 37ft class A turing New England now for fall folage. Will be back in SC middle of Oct. Will be glad to provide you with driver licence # but do not have transport insurance. You can send me a pm at alhunt@bretthunt if you are interested. I have a 2010 HHR tow car that I use to pickup your MH. I am 69 years old and retired.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #4

You might ask your insurance company if they know of someone...

Plus, you can learn about any liability/comprehensive issues.

Or, call the mfg of your rig and see who they use.

(Then again, I'm surprised a bunch of folks from this forum haven't volunteered to go for a ride...)
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #5

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Can you call me I am looking for driver to drive my 36 ft Gulfstream to Fl from ct around end of dec or first week in Jan 2019. To 2020. thanks 860-521-2933.
Chase2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service