Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #15

The Fleetwood Providence 40X plan just mentioned is the one my wife and I loved. Spacious in a big way. But if I was going to snowbird or fulltime I would go to the Fleetwood American Tradition, American Dream, or American Eagle models. Again, this is just IMHO. People full time in class B's so different things for different folks.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
I'm in love with it's sister - the 40X floor plan.

Fleetwood just "launched" their 2011 lineup (on their website now). The 40G is only available in the Discovery lineup. Other than some purely aesthetic changes, the engine in the 2011 is a Cummins 8.3 ISC with 380HP. The 2010s are powered by a Cummins 6.7L (350 HP). Not sure if that's a factor for you or not.

The sticker price went up quite a bit from '10 to '11 too, so if you time it right, you might be able to save a bunch on a '10 model.
I think the 6.7 ISB is way under-torqued for the 40' coach unless you are going to only travel on flat land. Fleetwood tended to underpower on the "value" lines. The 8.3 on my 08 Providence is barely enough in the mountains. The increase in horsepower on the 380 HP does not get you more torque than the 360 HP. Probably just broadened the peak torque to a higher RPM.
Had an ISB on my 36' Winnebago and that was OK for that size coach.