Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #1

Needed. Work Shop

Hello folks. I'm looking for someone who will rent out their shop or garage for my MH so I can install my stabilizing addons. I need a day or two is all. I've asked around some in my area but no luck yet. I'm able to drive say 70 miles or so one way. I live in ONALASKA, Washington. I need a dry hard surfaced area. One day I will have a garage of some kind for her.
I would really really like to get this done so we can head south.
I won't touch your stuff and I have all my own tools. I would surely appreciate it. Please consider, Thank You.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good luck! I feel your pain. Our subdivision won't allow outbuildings or motorhomes so I usually use the back area of our church parking lot. Again, good luck with your search.
TedJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

Craig's List??
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #4

You may be slightly over 70 miles, but try Self Service Garage in Tacoma. George used to be in Kent, but the landlord wouldn't fix a leaky roof, so moved. Nice guy, rents by the hour, so it won't be free, and I don't know how tall his doors are, the old one had doors that went up 15-16 feet. he has you sign a release so no liability when you work on your vehicle. Used to use him all the time. He also has tools, but Harbor Freight, and probably nothing big enough for you.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:55 AM   #5

Thanks NW. Tacoma isn't that far. I'll check it out.
I still would like one to be closer to me, but I'll do what I have to do.
I will check craigslist as well.
I see garages all over the place around here that is big enough.
Still looking gang.
Thanks for your replies. Your all, " THE BEST "
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW_Al View Post
You may be slightly over 70 miles, but try Self Service Garage in Tacoma. George used to be in Kent, but the landlord wouldn't fix a leaky roof, so moved. Nice guy, rents by the hour, so it won't be free, and I don't know how tall his doors are, the old one had doors that went up 15-16 feet. he has you sign a release so no liability when you work on your vehicle. Used to use him all the time. He also has tools, but Harbor Freight, and probably nothing big enough for you.
re: tools. Several parts stores supply tools free. You ask for the tool(s) you need, give them your CC# for a deposit. They release your CC# when tools are returned in working order. Total cost? Nada, nothing.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote