Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #1

New Bounder 35K

I have purchased a 2013 Bounder 35k...Pick it up Sept. 17. Is there anything I should ask specifically during my delivery orientation? This is the first new R.V. I have purchased. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Gary.
gygreyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #2

Take a videocam to the PDI and make movie stars of the g iy doing the PDI. You can look later, when you can't remember the right way, and get the answer.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gygreyhawk View Post
I have purchased a 2013 Bounder 35k...Pick it up Sept. 17. Is there anything I should ask specifically during my delivery orientation? This is the first new R.V. I have purchased. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Gary.
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new Bounder; I hope you love it as much as we love ours. Here are a few "pre delivery check lists" and info. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f58/pdi-l...mes-13589.html

Pay close attention and ask LOTS of questions. If you have a video camera, make sure the batteries are charged and record the walk thru. Good luck and have fun!

Also, check out the Fleetwood Owners' section of the board.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #4

Don't get in a hurry! To many times people only listen with half an ear because they want to get on the road for whatever reason. Suggest you schedule your delivery for first thing in the morning - not half an hour from quitting time! You don't want your orientation rep in a hurry either? If you don't live local to the dealer, part of a good plan might be to spend that night in a local campground to further familiarize yourself with the info you've just heard. If you are local, spending the night in it while in your driveway might be a good plan? Try to avoid the scenario where the coach is parked for weeks prior to it's first use!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Make sure they show you how to pull the awning out and put it back, light the oven, fill the water tank from the shore hook up, level the coach and very important.. dump the tanks.

ps Wow thats a GREAT FLOOR PLAN on the 33C and 35K Bounders. You can actually see the TV from the couch and the dinette.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Check EVERYTHING before you sign on the dotted line. If things arn't working tell them you'll be back when there fixed. Don't waste this leverage.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #7

Listen to Popcorn Man. A video is great but after u leave and review it, you will have a thousand questions and the video cannot answer them. We bought a 2012 35 K and have a lot of mistakes that cost us more money. Make the rep. Slow down and ask lots of questions. Good luck.
Rv4mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't feel pressured during your PDI, ours took us two days. Look carefully at everything including up on the roof and under the unit. Have everything fixed before you take the unit off the lot--- trust me you will have a bunch of things that will require warranty correction after a few trips. A few things really need to be noted and photographed; for instance if you see a flaw or defect in the paint, cabinets, counters, furniture, etc. If these type issues can't be fixed by the dealer immediately, you will need to have them agree to repairs at closing. These rigs are expensive and complicated, so make sure you know what every switch does, the location of all accessories and electronics, location of fuses and breakers, etc. Drive the unit before you close to make sure the coach feels and runs correctly. . If the unit does not feel right have them repair prior to taking it off the lot and giving them your money. Most of all have fun!!!

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
My and DW experience.... Find a CG near by the dealership. Set up camp , celebrate use everything, find all the lights, raise and lower all systems then do it again. Pump out grey, black. Wait till dark check all lights, all running lights. If you have a problem which you may!! You are at the dealer. Best thing we ever thought quite by accident was to winter 200 miles from the dealers. After two months on board we knew what needed warranty! Most of all celebrate your purchase life is short.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote