Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New Class A

Been looking to upgrade for a year or so. Some great stuff out there. Seems like TV’s in the camper turned camping into RVing. Today the newer RV’s are more like rolling media rooms than a camper or RV. Cutting seating in half for a 50” flat screen is not for me, but many people clearly want it. Some RVs have 4 and 5 TVs. TVs did to camping what air condition did to the front porch. I still like to walk the RV park and stop and chat at other folks campfires. Where you from, where you going, where did you hike, golf, fish today, what great campgrounds have you been to lately, and so on. If your sitting outside watching tv in a campground/RV Park most folks are just walking on past. Not saying it’s good or bad - just different. I wonder how others feel.
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Like you we like to roam around the CGs to meet others with the same interests as ours. Sometimes you find someone sometimes you don't. My MH has 4 TVs however we only watch the main and the one in the bedroom. I have had my MH for 7 years and have used the outdoor TV maybe 5 times.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:04 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Once upon a time, all we had was over the air TV signals. Then we had a major advance of campgrounds having cable hookups at the camp site. Now we are worried about how many TVs, the size of the TV and getting HD satellite signals. Are we getting spoiled or what?
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Different strokes for different folks. Some folks want to take home with them, and some want to get away. And even those who enjoy a day outdoors may want to watch a favorite TV show or spend some internet time in morning or evening.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
TV or Not to V, that is the Question?

Have been traveling in RV's for over 10 years. Other than watching a few DVD's in the early years on rainy days, we have not turned the TV's on at all. In my previous rigs I took the TV's out and used the space for more practical things.

Now with the internet, you can stream if you have good data (another topic). I would much rather enjoy the outdoors or the ones I am with than watch a screen. But a "you tube" on things I need to know is much better than hours of watching mindless stuff that comes on satellite or cable.

That said, more and more RV's / Trailers have outdoor TV's. A few weeks back at San Clemente State Beach, a beautiful place, a neighbor camper had his coffee in front of a TV outside by 8:30 am and stayed there until late in the afternoon. Maybe its me but I just don't get it.

As I have said in a few other posts, if you are in an RV, you are not going city to city (interstates) you are going place to place..(US Highways) if you are not.. why are you in an RV?

FWIW....
zekethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekethomas View Post
Have been traveling in RV's for over 10 years. Other than watching a few DVD's in the early years on rainy days, we have not turned the TV's on at all. In my previous rigs I took the TV's out and used the space for more practical things.

Now with the internet, you can stream if you have good data (another topic). I would much rather enjoy the outdoors or the ones I am with than watch a screen. But a "you tube" on things I need to know is much better than hours of watching mindless stuff that comes on satellite or cable.

That said, more and more RV's / Trailers have outdoor TV's. A few weeks back at San Clemente State Beach, a beautiful place, a neighbor camper had his coffee in front of a TV outside by 8:30 am and stayed there until late in the afternoon. Maybe its me but I just don't get it.

As I have said in a few other posts, if you are in an RV, you are not going city to city (interstates) you are going place to place..(US Highways) if you are not.. why are you in an RV?

FWIW....
While that is YOUR opinion, and everybody has one. No need to look down your nose at others that don't share yours. Your neighbor has just as much rite to do what they want as you do.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a