RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #1

New Class A gas

Looking at new Fleetwood Bounder, Entegra Emblem, Coachmen Mirada Select.

The Entegra has a 24#chassis with standard stabilizers and sway bars. It also comes with a 2yr warranty vs a 1yr from the other ones. This is the first year for Entegra to have this gas unit. It is also approx $15000 more.

Opinions?

Thanks.
tinagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #2

I'm not sure if this applies but it's never a good idea to buy the first year of anything. It usually takes the manufacturer a year or two to perfect all the little idiosyncrasies that arise with a new toy.
2012 Bounder 33C Sold, 2017 SEL Focus
b1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I don't know anything about that rig.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #4

Looked at an Entegra class C at a local dealer show. Rather have something from Thor as they have better designers for interiors. Make sure you get a good look at whatever you decide to buy before you are committed to it.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1rider View Post
I'm not sure if this applies but it's never a good idea to buy the first year of anything. It usually takes the manufacturer a year or two to perfect all the little idiosyncrasies that arise with a new toy.
I also agree with waiting for one year or more to work out the bugs.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been trying to find one of the Entegra Type C's to look at. So far they seem to be pretty rare out here.
And, yes, let the factory work out the new model bugs before buying one.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #7

I think the fact that they have included Stabilizers and sway bars shows that they are thinking about the drivability of the coach. Entegra is an amazing line, we’ve been looking at upgrading to an Aspire. I say they’re worth the extra cash in the long run. Best of luck.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thor bought Entegra a year or so ago - and after doing so rebranded some of their other RVs as "Entegra". This is the case with the Class A gas and the Class C. They are just older Thor models that have been made to look a bit fancier and then had an Entegra logo put on them.

I have not seen the Class A yet, but I've looked at two of their Class C RVs and was not at all impressed with them. They seemed showy and cheap at the same time.

Thor is not known for building quality coaches - though I'm sure they do build some - but their overall reputation is not very good.

Looking at gas Class A's I would look at Newmar BayStar or Canyon Star. Tiffin Open Road, or Winnebago Sightseer/Sunova or Vista LX.

We bought last year and were pretty set on getting a Newmar Canyon Star or Bounder. I spent a lot of time reading about both coaches on Irv2. I found a LOT of folks with Bounders that liked them once all the bugs were worked out - but oddly everyone seemed to have the exact same problems with their coaches. And I do mean everyone.

We ended up buying a Winnebago Adventurer - their most expensive gas Class A at the time. They discontinued that model 6-months after our purchase but have in turn added improvements to the Sightseer/Sunova models to make them much closer to the now discontinued Adventurer.

We love our Winnebago and are super impressed with the build quality. It's a great coach and we've put 12,000 miles on ours in the first 11-months. A few problems at first but it seems all sorted now. KNOCK WOOD.

As far as RV build quality goes I personally would rank manufacturers in this order of best to worst: Newmar, Tiffin, Entegra (except rebranded Thor models), Winnebago, Fleetwood and Thor.

The jury is still out on Entegra after the Thor purchase. There are plenty of jittery Entegra owners worried about quality and resale. Thor purchased Airstream quite a while ago and made very little to no changes at that factory and it's been beneficial for Airstream. So, maybe it will be OK for Entegra too.

All of these brands offer great warranty repair service at their factories. So, location near a factory is important. Newmar is in Napenee, IL, Winnebago is in Forest City, IA, Tiffin is in Red Bay, AL.

REV Group, the owner of Fleetwood, has done something smart and opened factory service centers around the country. I think they have 4 of them now. So, it might be easier to get service on a Fleetwood Bounder now.

Lastly, National Indoor RV Centers are Entegra dealers and they have 3-facilities for Entegra service - Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix. They have a great reputation for Entegra service.

Best of luck out there and ENJOY your new coach.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:52 AM   #9

I agree with every word 'creativepart' wrote.
RickySpanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I haven't seen the Entegra Class A gasser, but I have seen the Class C's. They are IDENTICAL to their Jayco counterparts, so if anyone is in the market for a Class C Entegra, just look at the Jaycos with the same floor plan. Only the badging and paint swirls are different.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
After two years of research, we decided on Newmar. Started with Bay Star, which is an excellent coach. Purchases a one year old Canyon Star from a private individual. We love our Newmar Canyon Star. If and when we decide to move to another coach, it will be a Newmar. As far as away bars and stabilizers go, they are easy to add to any Class A gasses. I would not let that be the deciding factor.
Brews Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagh View Post
Looking at new Fleetwood Bounder, Entegra Emblem, Coachmen Mirada Select.

The Entegra has a 24#chassis with standard stabilizers and sway bars. It also comes with a 2yr warranty vs a 1yr from the other ones. This is the first year for Entegra to have this gas unit. It is also approx $15000 more.

Opinions?

Thanks.
As others have posted, Thor bought Entegra as part of the deal to buy ALL of Jayco. The "Entegra" gassers are simply re-branded Thor or Jayco coaches which are are not built at the Entegra DP assembly line in Middlebury, IN. The Entegra DPs are hung wall construction and very well insulated with bat-type insulation, whereas all the other brands, except Newmar, use laminated structures with block foam insulation. I don't know which Thor / Jayco assembly line is making the Emblem.

I think the two year warranty is a big deal, and it is one reason we chose our EC Aspire over its Newmar competitor. Unless you use the coach a lot, you are not likely to get all the bugs out in just one year. EC has been VERY good about honoring the warranty and have fixed every thing at no cost to me.

As for which one you should buy, that is quite simple. Buy the one that your wife likes best. No better advice has ever been given here. Happy wife-happy life.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #13

New Class A gas

I have been waiting for the new Entegra gas coach to come out. Based on some of the comments here, looks like it won’t be any different than a Jayco. Currently have a Newmar.

I would be interested in any impressions you have of the new Entegra gasser.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking at the new Entegra gassers online they look very much like looking at the Jayco Precept gas Class A's.

Kind of like looking at Fleetwood RVs and Holiday Rambler RVs or even Southwind RVs.

The thing I noticed was Entegra was all diesel Class A motorhomes. Then they were purchased by Jayco/Thor and overnight they suddenly had new gas Class As and Class Cs.

It's not like Tiffin. They suddenly came out with Class C motorhomes but after nearly a year of advanced PR. And, when you look at the Tiffin Class C you can see the Tiffin design and build quality all over it.

Tags
class a, gas