Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2016, 11:07 AM   #1

New DVD player - surround sound

So, I just replaced my DVD player but I did a bozo move and did not keep the surround sound speaker wires organized together. Any idea on how to figure out matching wires? I can't see which wires go to which speaker.
Citti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
not sure what type of rig you have. Most speaker wires are color coded in pairs, eg; solid gray and gray w/black stipe, on my rig the striped wires are the negative side...Just connect one pair at time to the receiver and walk around till you find which speaker is working now label that pair and do the same for the next pair until you have them all labeled, then connect to the correct ports on the receiver... Hope this helps.
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You will always get better answers to questions if you include your make/model/year of your MH. Why not just ad that info to your signature?
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #4

Sorry, Winnebago/Adventurer/07
Old 11-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #5

You might be able to connect them one at a time, and listen for where the noise comes out.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
You might be able to connect them one at a time, and listen for where the noise comes out.

Ya.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Maybe this site will have the wiring schematics. It seems to list quite a variety of rigs....
Wiring Diagrams
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:11 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the wires are like my 2008 Winne the speaker wires are all yellow (+) and white (-). They have numbers printed on them. If you call Winne tech support they can ID the wires based on the numbers.

I just replaced my CD / surround sound but I labeled all the wires first.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:57 PM   #9

They wires were actually labeled, I just had to look a little harder. Thanks for the help
Old 11-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is great when the wires are labeled isn't it... I like that they are doing that now days.

Not a Audio relatesd issue but I had problems with my Dash HEVAC.. Would not work.. I messed and messed and could not find it, the fuse identified as the one responsible was good, tested and everything.. But still the thing would blow for like a minute or two when you cranked up the RV and then stop.

Well, I'm under the dash, Upside down of course with my legs up in the driver's seat. tryign to figure this out when I spotted a wire HEVAC it said upon it.. OK, Now that I can understand
HEating Ventelation and Air Conditioning.

I followed it to a terminal AUX 2, Not "heater" that they tell me it belongs on but AUX-2

Ok, back to the fuse diagram AUX 2 is a Short-Stop Circuit breaker

Quick trip to Auto-Zone and... AH... COOL once again.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
It is great when the wires are labeled isn't it... I like that they are doing that now days.

Not a Audio relatesd issue but I had problems with my Dash HEVAC.. Would not work.. I messed and messed and could not find it, the fuse identified as the one responsible was good, tested and everything.. But still the thing would blow for like a minute or two when you cranked up the RV and then stop.

Well, I'm under the dash, Upside down of course with my legs up in the driver's seat. tryign to figure this out when I spotted a wire HEVAC it said upon it.. OK, Now that I can understand

HEating Ventelation and Air Conditioning.

I followed it to a terminal AUX 2, Not "heater" that they tell me it belongs on but AUX-2

Ok, back to the fuse diagram AUX 2 is a Short-Stop Circuit breaker

Quick trip to Auto-Zone and... AH... COOL once again.

Awesome!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:43 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good you found labels. Another tip is when finding speaker wires..you can use a battery across the wires and listen for the speaker. 1.5 vdc works...up to a 9volt.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #13

Take a c or d battery start touching wires to neg and poss listen for a clicking noise and wall la you know witch speaker that wire controls tricks of the trade.