Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New issues with my Class A

Hello all, Just got most of the issues fixed from my hurricane evacuation. Now I have a a/c unit not cooling I replaced the fan motor last month and now it only blows warm air. The compressor is hot to the touch and the return line is warm not cold at all. not sure about the capacitors. the filter and cooling fins are clean and have good air flow. can I measure the voltage at the compressor to trouble shoot. also my outside storage compartments are coming open anytime I make a u turn or any sharp turn, I lock them every time and do not want to put an external hasp on them. anyone else have this issue, It is a 2010 Fleetwood terra 36T. One last issue that may seem ignorant in my asking is the cowl over the engine I cannot find how to remove it. Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Jeff
millred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like the A/C is low on freon, don't think they're refillable.

I haven't seen your coach bay doors and piston attachment, but if you put a longer attachment bracket on it should solve your problem. I'm talking about the attachment point on the door, where the piston attaches to. If it is short and close to the inside door panel, then effectively the piston is trying to force the door open.

If the bracket is longer (say 2" inboard ....away for from the the inside of the door panel), then the piston is actually trying to force the door closed.

If you can't visualize what I'm writing shoot me a PM, and I'll draw it up so it's easier to understand.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the input, I have checked the attachment points and they seem to be installed properly, It seems the doors are flexing when the coach turns and moves side to side. I believe they are moving far enough up and down that the latch is no longer in line.
millred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by millred1 View Post
Hello all, Just got most of the issues fixed from my hurricane evacuation. Now I have a a/c unit not cooling I replaced the fan motor last month and now it only blows warm air. The compressor is hot to the touch and the return line is warm not cold at all. not sure about the capacitors. the filter and cooling fins are clean and have good air flow. can I measure the voltage at the compressor to trouble shoot. also my outside storage compartments are coming open anytime I make a u turn or any sharp turn, I lock them every time and do not want to put an external hasp on them. anyone else have this issue, It is a 2010 Fleetwood terra 36T. One last issue that may seem ignorant in my asking is the cowl over the engine I cannot find how to remove it. Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff,

Is your air conditioner heat pumps as well?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:11 AM   #5

If it turns out to be your capacitors the best place I've found to purchase new ones is below. Great customer service, cheap prices & fast shipping,

Place to order parts:
316-832-4357, option 2

Airxcel | AC, Heating & Appliances for Industrial and Personal Use

Here's the prices that were for my Coleman's A/C w/heat pumps:
Fan Capacitor - Part No. 1499-5461… 12.72
Start Capacitor - Part No. 8333A9021….21.84
Run Capacitor - Part No. 1499-5681…….13.92

BTW...do yourself and us a favor by putting your MH and Toad information into your signature
This will really help in all your future posts, so you won't have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a