Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lued,
I stand corrected, there is no difference between the F & G as to the air pressure settings and load. In the size tire that I use, there is a considerable reduction possible in pressure by going up a load range. I was able to drop down 10 lbs of pressure for the load I'm carrying resulting in a much softer ride and better steering. My coach now has the 275/80R22.5 LRH XZA3 replacing the original LRGs carrying a weight of 11120 pounds. It was on this that I based my statement which apparently does not translate to the size tire that you have.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Lued,
I stand corrected, there is no difference between the F & G as to the air pressure settings and load. In the size tire that I use, there is a considerable reduction possible in pressure by going up a load range. I was able to drop down 10 lbs of pressure for the load I'm carrying resulting in a much softer ride and better steering. My coach now has the 275/80R22.5 LRH XZA3 replacing the original LRGs carrying a weight of 11120 pounds. It was on this that I based my statement which apparently does not translate to the size tire that you have.
Jim,

You are correct in your case. Michelin chooses to use European standards (Michelin's answer) on some sizes of their tires. These standards are different than RMA (US) standards. That is why you could reduce PSI.

Again so no one misunderstands, this is the exception and not the norm. Always weigh your coaches four corners and adjust PSI according to the manufacturers charts.

I still learn something new everyday.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the input, I signed up for the New XRV $299.00 ea Denny
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYTYER View Post
I think going to G will give you a harsh ride on a W20.

I recently replaced my 6 year old Michelins XRV F with their new XRV load range F and the ride is better than ever on our W22. I was told by the dealer that Michelin redesigned the RV series to give a better and safer ride.

I also went with the spin balance and not the power stuff.

we have xrv -G on w 22 and our ride is great, nothing harsh. walter
faye is offline   Reply With Quote