Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2022, 07:48 AM   #1

New Owner

Hello All,

I just purchased my first RV - Winnebago Adventurer 36Z 2022. Getting ready to take our first journey in about a month and I am getting it ready. Trying to find "stuff" that make sense for this RV. i.e. containers for the hoses etc. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
zigzaginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Before we were full-time, we kept on the trailer,
-a full set of linens
-kitchen supplies, pot, pans, dishes, cooking utensils
-basic spices and dry goods
-extra length of water hose, sewer hose and added 30 ft electrical cord
-50 ft 20-amp extension cord
-small electric fan
-extra TP, paper towels, napkins
-Duct tape, Super glue, roof repair tape and caulk
-basic sewing kit and fabric glue
-WD40 and spray lube and silicone
-cleaning supplies
-Potty chemicals
-spare fuses
-Assortment of small screws, nuts, bolts, electrical connectors and electrical tape
-Volt-Ohm meter and amp meter
-Water filter
-Good adjustable water regulator with gauge
-Wood pads to put under the leveling jacks
-Small cordless vacuum cleaner
-small electric blower
-small pair of yard clippers and bow saw
-Ant killer

We used small plastic containers to corral things in cabinets, some with lids, some with no lids. For the basement, we keep Rubbermaid tubs to store and sort items.

I keep a lot of stuff others do not, but I am of the persuasion that I can repair a lot of items on my own.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Currently FOR SALE Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:29 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

My list is similar to TXiceman, for the same reason. Plus outdoor conveniences such as BBQ, and folding chairs & tables.

Plastic containers of suitable sizes are handy for organizing stuff in the basement storage areas. Especially water & sewer hoses, which you would probably prefer to keep isolated. If those slide around too much, try some non-skid shelf liner underneath.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:31 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On my various coaches, I measured the space I had in my bays and bought tubs that fit both height and allowed me to get as many in a row as possible. I used them for various parts and supplies.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:03 AM   #5

I’m guessing TXiceman left off a toolkit with wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.

We have a 3-stage water filter and a water softener.

We also emulate what we’ve seen in several foreign countries: garbage can in the toilet room for used toilet paper. Permits us to use our favorite—Charmin—without having to worry about the holding tanks holding paper.

We learned recently that it’s best to change the sheets the last morning of a trip so that on the first night of our next trip we’re prepared in case we can’t extend the bed slide.

We keep folding tables, lawn chairs, and a screen room in the basement, too.

We also carry a small compressor—with added air dryer—in case we need to add air to the tires.

Before you roll, check out a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) if you don’t already have one.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:09 PM   #6

A few more items....

We recently purchased a windshield washer with an extendible handle, similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Carrand-9049-...s%2C318&sr=8-3

I also keep a gallon of windshield washer fluid in the basement. When I run out, I want to be able to fill up at the next rest area.

I may get a 7' ladder to strap to the back built-in ladder for when I have those nasty love bugs off of the windshield.

A large woven plastic mat to place on the ground in front of the door. When it's time to go, sweep off the top of the mat, then fold half of the mat back so the top is together. Now sweep the half which was ground side and fold in half again. Continue the sweeping of the ground side until the mat is a manageable size to store in the basement. Hold it up while someone else sweeps that portion. Now you've got a relatively clean mat to put away.

Rather than duct tape, which is generally not pretty when removed, we carry gaffer's tape. It's a little more expensive and holds as well as duct tape, but when you remove it there is no residue behind. Three rolls from Amazon for under $30.

I have an in-line flow meter which connects to the intake of my 3-stage filter so I can monitor my water use--and know how many gallons I've run through the water filter and water softener.

I also have a Y to connect to the hose bib at the RV park. One side of that is open for a general purpose hose in case I need to wash my windshield or RV. I carry a nozzle for that hose, too. The other side of the Y has an oil-filled pressure reducer which has a Y off of it, to which I connect the hose I connected to the black water tank flush connection--I learned the hard way to use the pressure-reduced water for that when I connected to the Y closest to the hose bib and had a bit of water coming out of the fitting at the top of the holding tank. The other output of the second Y has the typical Camco 150 micron water filter on it and that goes to the flow gauge connected to the water filter.

I don't have them yet, but I'll be getting spare cables for my toad: emergency brake and 7-wire cable. When we stop at a rest area and the coach/toad are unsupervised, I'll pull the cables and safety chains to save someone else the bother of stealing them from me. I hit a set of railroad tracks coming out of Stephen C. Foster State Park in the Okefenokee Swamp a bit fast a month ago and the 7-wire became disconnected from the toad. Luckily, it didn't drag on the ground because I routed it over the tow bars. If it ever does, I want to have an immediate replacement.

I have a Garmin RV 1090 GPS unit--it takes as part of the setup the height, width, and length of the unit and only maps routes on which the coach will fit. I also went to an Escapees campground and got a four-wheel weigh. Not something one packs, but they gave me a sticker for my window with the height of the unit so I don't scrape the roof on an underpass.

I also wrangled some wires to a 12VDC power splitter (with 4 USB ports)--I'll try to post a photo, but I've had rotten luck posting photos in posts. The TPMS and Blue Ox brake controller are to the left of the head unit.

We take small fans for the bedroom, so we don't need the noisy A/C running at night when it's warm but not hot. We'll probably get a couple of quartz space heaters so we don't need to propane while we're paying for electricity in an RV park.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cockpit02_adj2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	367778  

Tags
new owner