Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #1

New owner of a 2020 Tiffin Allegro Breeze

We just got it around the beginning of August. To say it has been a comedy of errors is an understatement. The dealer we bought it from only told us about 50% of the Do's and Don'ts. My question is this. We live in the Denver area and are avid skiers. We plan on using the RV on weekends for skiing. The RV will be in our driveway during the week. We are not going to winterize it. My question is how do we keep the unit warm enough during the week in order for the pipes not to freeze. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Lane
lbmitchell9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 04:37 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Plugged in and furnance on all the time, or electric space heaters inside and in water campartments, under storage etc. Hopefully bottom is sealed well enough, check for air leaks. I also added extra insulation around my water bay. I've used my last DP in cold climate and thats what we had to do, after having a minor freeze once , found several areas where cold air could migrate into, sealed them . You could just winterize it using a air compressor, I was able to do it that way rather quickly. That way you're not using a buch of antifreeze. Just put some in drain traps.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new rig. You will love your Tiffin. We are currently in your area camped out at Chatfield State Park.

If you are not going to winterize it then I would make sure it is plugged in and run your furnace as I believe that your bays are heated. You might also add a small lamp with a 60 watt bulb in the a couple of the bays and run them as well.

You are joining a good group of friends here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:16 PM   #4

Congrats on the new ride. Breezes are the best!!!
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on the new ride, it's going to be a Breeze.
OK but to be serious, you can install very low wattage incandescent light bulbs in the water and sewage bays with them on temperature sensitive controllers. Also add some insulation to the floor of those bays and maybe to the doors if there is not any.
Another options is to not keep water in the MH during the winter but use it for sleeping only while skiing.
Frozen poop in the black tank is NOT fun.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #6

Thank you everyone for the good advice. I will keep the unit plugged in during the week. I also plan on purchasing a heater that can warm up to 750 square feet. Also a good idea to drain the water tanks when I come back from skiing. Good advice. We love the unit.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #7

I would put two small electric heaters underneath to to keep your basement warm. If one fails you should be ok until you find out about it also put them on separate circuits, a third inside would be good too. Running your propane furnace would be great but you will run out of propane every week in cold weather. Look inside your storage compartments and see where insulation can be added. You can also get a wireless temp probe so you can see whats going on at all times.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:51 PM   #8

2020 Tiffin Breeze

Thank you all for your feedback. I have one more issue to resolve which I bet is user error. We have had the unit for a month and a half now and cannot get the water heater to fire up. The unit was winterized in the winter of 2021 and the dealer did a horrible job of dewinterizing it. We have followed the manuals instructions with no luck. First off the propane is on and the water heater is in the up On position. The release valve at the water heater will let out water if it is opened. The button in the rear closet for the water heater is set to thermostat or 1:00 o'clock. The problem is that the manual says to go to the rear control panel bye the bathroom and push the water heater icon on. But I can't see any water heater icon on my control panel. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Lane! Congrats on the new rig!

This is what I did. Maybe it will give you some ideas!
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/bay...rs-149096.html

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:16 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
According to the Breeze manual, press the Home button on the Spyder panel, then the Water Heater icon.

1. On the Spyder Controls System panel, press the HOME icon (shaped like a house). This will
bring up the controls for the water heater.
2. Press the GAS button under the section labeled WATER HEAT. The water heater will attempt to
light. If it takes longer than 15 seconds, a FAULT message will appear. Make sure the GAS button
is gray, indicating the system is off, and wait for 5 minutes.
3. Repeat Step Two until the water heater is lit.
4. For a complete shut-down and also before any servicing:
a. Turn the GAS button, indicated by the grey button, OFF.
b. Remove the red wire from the left-hand terminal of the ECO switch (ECO to valve) on the
water heater.
5. If the water heater fails to operate because of high water temperature, the heater will go into a
lockout condition (screen will read FAULT). When the water eventually cools, reset the system
by turning the switch to the OFF position for at least 30 seconds, then turn the switch back ON.
6. If a lockout condition persists, contact your authorized dealer.

Maybe this will help. It's the Spyder LCD manual for the Breeze/RED
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2020-Allegro-RED-7in-LCD-User-Guide.pdf (890.9 KB, 0 views)
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, breeze, new owner, tiffin