Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #1

I am in the final purchasing stage of our first RV, a class A. I have searched the various posts about the % off of the MSRP but I am confused as to how those discounts are affected by rebates. I have been quoted prices on 2005 models and told that it is a great price by the sales people because the factory has provided the dealer with a rebate, but when I take the MSRP and take out the percentages I've seen posted here the quote just does not seem to reflect any rebate. For example one coach had a MSRP of $101,000 and with rebate they were offering it at $78,800. To me that is a 21% discount and I've read that depending on brand I could expect a discount of 20% up to 25% on a new model year realistically. Well to me the rebate is there because the 2006's are at hand and if that is the case I would think the quotes should be at the 22-25% PLUS/LESS the rebate; or on the $101,000 coach a price of $78,000 to $75,000 less the $3,000 rebate, netting to $72,000.

My questions is, am I wrong in my thinking???

I have gotten this same quoting policy from several dealers on different brands.

Where's the reabte?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
A Newbie

Dynamax 2006 Grand Sport 38'
Berners is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #2

I am in the final purchasing stage of our first RV, a class A. I have searched the various posts about the % off of the MSRP but I am confused as to how those discounts are affected by rebates. I have been quoted prices on 2005 models and told that it is a great price by the sales people because the factory has provided the dealer with a rebate, but when I take the MSRP and take out the percentages I've seen posted here the quote just does not seem to reflect any rebate. For example one coach had a MSRP of $101,000 and with rebate they were offering it at $78,800. To me that is a 21% discount and I've read that depending on brand I could expect a discount of 20% up to 25% on a new model year realistically. Well to me the rebate is there because the 2006's are at hand and if that is the case I would think the quotes should be at the 22-25% PLUS/LESS the rebate; or on the $101,000 coach a price of $78,000 to $75,000 less the $3,000 rebate, netting to $72,000.

My questions is, am I wrong in my thinking???

I have gotten this same quoting policy from several dealers on different brands.

Where's the reabte?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
A Newbie

Old 06-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you want to know the true discount factor, divide the MSRP by 1.4. If you don't get a an offer anywhere close to this they are screwing with you. Any factory rebates will be over and above this figure...

2timer
Old 06-19-2005, 11:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Berners & Radarr, welcome to our website and forum. We are glad to have you join us here and look foward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I would tend to think that a 25% off MSRP for a year ending model would be the least you should be able to do in a deal. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radarr:
If you don't get a an offer anywhere close to this they are screwing with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>2timer, Of course you really "mean" that the dealer is trying to do business on their terms and if the deal isn't what you expect it to be then you should walk away right?

A dealer has a right to make a profit and I would hate to have to assume that I'm in a position to get screwed. If I get screwed it's just as much my fault and not so much the dealership's fault.

An educated consumrer is his own best friend and the folks here on iRV2 will make sure that the new buyer is aware of what they should expect to pay for a new RV. That knowledge in hand should allow the buyer to make an intelligent choice and feel comfortable with a deal.

If you go into a dealer without any clue, then it's possible that a consumer could wind up paying more than they should. That's why it "pays" to be a member of iRV2.com.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #6

As a follow up; I have gotten prices that must reflect the year end clear outs and rebates because they are coming in at 27/28% percent off of the MSRP's.

Michael