Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #1

New purchased used rv

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and rving. I purchased a 1995 four winds 5000 i am having issue finding the model of this rv or the ownera manual. I have looked for the model # in Google, and the vin. Nothing is helping me find anything, can anybody help me along with this?
Djdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
1995 Four Winds Motorhome Prices, Values & Specs - NADAguides

Follow the above link to NADA blue book listing for 95 Fourwinds 5000 series then look down the list to find your model matching the length, engine, & rear bed style (twin or queen). Of the 4 motor homes I have owned none had a complete all inclusive coach owners manual. Each MH had a 3 ring binder that had the individual owner manuals for all the appliances, engine, transmission, & chassis. You may need to make up you own by identifying make & model of everything and see if you can download manuals for each.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

As for a manual, RV owner manuals are rarely very comprehensive, nothing like a car owner manual. Often they are generic and cover several models, or even multiple years. Finding an old one is never easy and rarely worth the effort.

RVs typically come with a bunch of component & appliance manuals, and motorhomes usually have a separate chassis manual as well. You may be able to find the chassis manual online, maybe on ebay for an older one. Appliance manuals are often available from the brand website once you identify make and model of appliance. Google the appliance brand/model coupled with 'manual' and see what you get.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #5

Welcome to the site I pray you enjoy this time. I am new to this RV world too. We bought our first rig at the end of May this year. We have used it 3 times already. Twice in the front yard and we took our first real trip just last weekend. The several things I have learned. Don't be afraid task questions. There really are no stupid questions on this site. If you don't ask you will not learn. We bought an 04 National Sea Breeze 37'. Never would have thought I would have bought something this large. All of the manuals were in our rig. But they are very generic. This site will help you a lot and you can more than likely get more information than you can get from the manual. Happy camping and always be willing to learn and you will be fine.
jonesdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
from WA State!

Even with the huge file box of manuals and the owners manual on CD I had to download a number of the manuals from the Internet to get the detail I wanted.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #7

Thank you all for the info, I am really enjoying rving so far though it is a large learning curve compared to a pop up camper. So my largest problem I'm having now is the fuse box under the steering wheel is basicly empty. No fuses, no saying anywhere on it what sized fuses go where, nothing. I would love to get the outside stair, fans on dash, etc etc working. What should I look for to get that? The fuse box cover just says see owners manual.
Djdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
any help here?

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/media...ers-Manual.pdf
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase