Got the hooks in and removed the old converter wiring. I had to use some spare hooks because the one's I wanted were backordered (didn't say that on amazon). Supposed to get the right one's on Wednesday. Easy enough to replace though. I was able to test the inverter and 30A RV receptacle as well as the converter. Everything worked as expected! Hoping to get the rest of the wiring tomorrow, get that installed, and put in the batteries on Tuesday.
iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!
Getting down to the wire now! Installed the wiring for the alternator charging circuit (actually I think it comes from the BIRD). Ran the wiring from the bus bars near the batteries to a power post in the engine bay. Connected the wires that I think come from the BIRD and the 12V fuse panel to the same power post. So now I should get alternator charging to the battery bank and power to all 12V devices.
I discovered that I had made a mistake and didn't take the height of the original 4/0 interconnects on my batt bank into account when determining if my bank would fit into the new space. Fortunately, I do have about 30 feet of #4 so I'm going to cut it to the lengths I need and use that until I can get some larger wire in there. Other than that, I need to run the Victron's wiring and relocate the converters receptacle and that's it. Pics to follow.
FINALLY DONE! With a day to spare at that. Here are the pics of the finished products. Because of some oversight on my part, I had to use some #4 I had laying around for the interconnects and #2 for the batteries to bus bar wiring for now. After some discussion with folks on another forum, I'm going to double up the #4 for the interconnects AND batt to bus bars wiring. I'll get ~300 amps of capacity (for my future 2000W inverter) and very low voltage drop (less than 1%) and the benefit of flexible wiring.
Decided to put the Victron meter outside this time. There were a multitude of times I didn't want to have to go into my "old" 5er just to see the meter and I hardly ever used it while inside so outside it went. Everything works, the converter is charging the batts (they were at 12.75V which is 100% for most batts but not mine). Glad to be done. Now to plan the next project!