Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2020, 11:54 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
New Tiffin Class A 2021 Allegro Red 37PA warranty add ons?

Do any of you have experiences with the following coverages or would say 'yes' or 'no' to purchasing them.

1. National RV Care extended warranty - diesel wrap, gold or platinum ($100 deductable)

2. Drivercare / Easycare tire warranty (with replacement, towing if needed, and up to three days of food/lodging reimbursement)

3. ResistAll RV Interior vinyl/leather protection or exterior paint protection
4. Tyron tire/wheel bands

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to decide which to add to my new coach purchase. I don't want to pay for repairs. Been there done that and I can tell you as you all are well aware it is VERY expensive with no warranty to cover.

Tell me what you think.
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe #1, but probably not at dealer prices - you can get more coverage or lower cost from an independent broker. Lots of pros & cons on buying an extended service plan, so I suggest you SEARCH on 'extended warranty' and get educated. First clue: it's not a "warranty" - it repair insurance.

#2 is a needless expense in my opinion. A lot of $$ for very little insurance coverage.

#3 is hugely overpriced service, basically spraying some ScotchGuard inside and a decent quality wax job outside. And no meaningful guarantee that if some blemish occurs after the treatment.

#4 is a product based on fear, convincing you there is a danger and only that product can protect you. Tyron really does work, but rarely will any tire blowout need the type of benefit it provides. Front tire blowouts on motorhomes can be handled readily by a competent driver, mostly just by avoiding a panic reaction.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
In addition to what Gary said, don't buy an extended insurance policy (they are not warranties but insurance) from the dealer. Your coach is covered bumper to bumper for the first year, the chassis for three years and the engine/transmission for five. Wait until the first year warranty runs out then investigate what Gary said. If you buy a four year policy from the dealer, you are only getting three years of coverage. As for roadside coverage, you will receive a free year of assistance from Coach Net, which is one of the top companies.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I totally agree with Gary & Lt. Dan! Dealers make HUGE profits on those add-on's!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Only PRO?

Looks like the only pro is if I buy it now it can be added into my loan?

I just read the contract and the Aquahot system is not covered, it's a add-on coverage.

5yrs/100k - National RV Care - $5k ($100 ded or $50 at dealer)
Don't know how much extra Aquahot is yet.

Just read the paint coverage, fabric, leather and vinyl coverage contract. It does not cover peeling or separation so that's out. I don't want to need to reupholster the seats, dinette and coach when it's only 3 years old like I had to do with my Thor ($3k expense).
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:10 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I am going to join the long list of others and say NO to all.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have always been in the No Extended Warranty camp. Last year I upgraded my coach and opted for an extended warranty. Because the London Aire has so many systems I though it was a good idea. The warranty came with tire coverage and the coach also had Tyron belts on it. To date, I have had over 19k in warranty work. I also had a tire blow out (not on a steer tire) but it could have been. After all this I am beginning to see that there are two camps to extended warranties and it is a personal choice. This time the gamble favored me.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, class a, tiffin, tiffin class a, warranty