Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi DartmanK...you can buy your Michelins at Sam's Club. They will order them for you, but you have to take them and the motorhome somewhere to have them installed. An easier deal is to just go to Les Schwab and buy them and have them installed there.
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortrose View Post
I put on Firestone f 560. They ride nice they cost 3600 for a set of 6. I priced the Bridgestone they were 900 more but we don't put that many miles on so I figured they would be replace in eight years. The Michelin were quoted at 5600. Thanks. Gary
Six Michelins were $5600??!! That's about $900 per tire.

Who was the dealer on that quote?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #17

I have had a blow out (on rear) I want the best tire there is. Tires are your cheapest life insurance. Ask any trucker about tires. They want the best, Michelins on the front. Michelins are the only tire that is made in USA. Thats what I had put on my motor home (6 tires).
N5SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #18

Put two new Michelins on the front of mine and saw that they were made in Spain!
johnsonk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #19

TOYO tires

I have the original TOYO tires on my 2004 Country Coach they are great tires. I am getting ready to replace them because of the age. I store the MH inside and the tires show no indication of there age. The tires still appear to be in new condition there is no cracking or checking I inspect them regularily.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Update........I finally got my tires! Probably a good thing since we hit the road full time in 30 days. I went with the Michilen's through FMCA and got a great deal as far as I am concerned: Four new (DOT date from August 2012) Michelin's for $378.52 each. After all the taxes, labor, and disposal the grand total came to $1950.40 for all four tires!
I would like to thank all of you for your advice and passing on your experience and knowledge; you were tremendous help! I will be sure to pass your valuable information on to others who ask. Thanks again.
DartmanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #21

I picked up 6 of the Firestone 560's for $2500 today and replaced the original XRV's on my 2002 Phaeton. Drove the 100 miles home and they ride really well...so far, I'm impressed.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by N5SWE View Post
I have had a blow out (on rear) I want the best tire there is. Tires are your cheapest life insurance. Ask any trucker about tires. They want the best, Michelins on the front. Michelins are the only tire that is made in USA. Thats what I had put on my motor home (6 tires).
I bought six 22.5 Bridgestone tires in October; they are also made in the USA.

Mike

2012 Thor Freedom Elite 28Z
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #23

I have to laugh when people say the new tires rode better than the old ones. A new tire should have softer rubber in than the ones you replaced so they should ride better. You won't notice as they gradually get harder but you will when you get new tires.

Tags
tires