Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
New tires for your rig....

This is mainly for anyone living within earshot of VA Beach, VA, where do you buy tires for your motorhome? I know of one place in Norfolk, VA that can get the tires but they are SOB's to deal with, pardon the expression. If there are any of you living in VA Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Williamsburg or Richmond, VA or within a reasonable distance and have a good place you deal at kindly share it with me. I just bought a 2004 Monaco and though the tires look good they're the original ones from the factory, meaning they've been on the coach since 2004. They don't have any cracks from dry rot but being they're 7 yrs old causes me to wonder. I'd hate to have one blow even though they've only got 28K miles on them.

Any help out there? If so I'd sure appreciate it.

Larry
lwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #2

If you have someone who can mount and balance them for you, try www.tirerack.com. Prices are good and they have a pretty good range of sizes.
wendyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #3

Check out the FMCA website. Michelin is offering 'small fleet' pricing for members on new tires. I checked with our local Michelin dealer, and though I did not ask about actual pricing for tires (I'm not due yet) they did verify the program exists and will honor it.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Michelin says 10 years if no bad cracking.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Michelin also said you have to have a trained tire technician inspect the inside of the tire to know if there is "no cracking". Want to pay to dismount and remount 6 tires?

I'm guessing you have at least 19.5' wheels and probably 22.5". Any commercial (truck) tire dealer can handle your needs and the VA Beach/Norfolk area must have several of them. Too much truck traffic in that area not to. Check the Yellow Pages and start calling around.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:46 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
give western auto on rt 17 a call. they are in grafton. they service a lot of rvs. i had them do the first state inspection on our new-to-us rv. they found several things that HAD to be fixed. right now! mostly front brake items, like cracked disks. all repairs done by the next afternoon. nice folks. will see them next year.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Many thanks for the replies!
lwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
When we lived in Yorktown I had the Western Auto on US17 do my RV inspections. The only tire problem I had on the RV while we were there was a cracked valve stem on an inside dual. I went to TCI at 508 Oyster Pt Rd in Newport News (just past Jefferson, left turn before overpass) 757-249-4068. They removed the inner dual and replaced the stem while I waited ...and GAVE me Alco rubber stabilizers to put on the inner valve extensions, and they put Alligator caps on the inners too to make pressure checks and adding air very easy.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #9

FMCA Michelin

I just bought six Michelin XZE tires at my local Sam's Club for $315.24 each, FMCA special discount price? $332 each!
$100 in my pocket!
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires