Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWoz-CT View Post
Thanks, everyone. I've decided that I'm not getting screwed, even though the price I'm paying is a little more than that. I don't mind helping a local business as opposed to giving my money to a corporation.
I used my local RV place, Horner RV service, and 6 tires mounted was just over $2200 out the door. And the corporate places were more expensive. Excellent friendly service at an affordable price.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2021, 02:36 PM   #44

Mobile tire installer

Best to line up your installer first!
Drywalldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:23 PM   #45

Stumbled on this thread, but we are at year 5 or 6 on the current Michelin XRVs that the PO put on just prior to us purchasing the rig. We have a shelter and the rears see minimal sunlight, the fronts a lot more. Probably 5000+ miles on the tires and trying to decide if I do all 6, just based on age, or do the fronts only based on exposure?

I'm looking for what brands folks are happy with ride and reliability-wise, as I expect these will get changed out based on time...

I run a TPMS always...
Old 04-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #46

I think you should clarify what specific size tire you will buy. Also how much extra are you willing to pay for the mobile service to avoid moving your rv. When I went to toyo tires I upgraded to taller and wider tires. I need to check my tires to confirm the size but I think I installed 275x70 R22.5 6 tires for about $2200 or less at blacks tire store near Charlotte NC about 2 years ago. I put the same tires on another diesel pusher about 5 yrs ago. The load capacity was higher than the 235 x ?? Tires I replaced. If you go bigger you need to ensure you have the space including a 1 inch gap between the tires so they don't touch each other when driving.
Birdhunr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:58 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunr2 View Post
I think you should clarify what specific size tire you will buy. Also how much extra are you willing to pay for the mobile service to avoid moving your rv. When I went to toyo tires I upgraded to taller and wider tires. I need to check my tires to confirm the size but I think I installed 275x70 R22.5 6 tires for about $2200 or less at blacks tire store near Charlotte NC about 2 years ago. I put the same tires on another diesel pusher about 5 yrs ago. The load capacity was higher than the 235 x ?? Tires I replaced. If you go bigger you need to ensure you have the space including a 1 inch gap between the tires so they don't touch each other when driving.
What brand tire?
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:45 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunr2 View Post
I was planning on staying with the stock size: 235/80 22.5 - but back when we were shopping for a rig, we came across one that the owner had gone to Toyos and slightly changed tire size as (at the time) Toyo didn't make the stock size - the owner of that rig said he saved quite a bit by going with Toyos over Michelin.

I had never considered a mobile service - we have a Les Schwab about 10 miles from us. I also am having trouble with the balancing beads hanging the schrader valve open.

Time to start searching reviews of the different brands...
Thanks
Old 04-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #49

Don't use beads. Use Centramatic.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offer, tire, tires