Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

New to having a MH, what are some MUST HAVES everyone should have in their coach?

Looking to get things we need for the RV, so far I know the following:

1) Sewar drain hose
2) Sewar drain hose holder

I know there are PLENTY of other things but I am trying to get the basics right now.
Zoafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Road towing insurance such as Coach-net or Good Sam.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Road towing insurance such as Coach-net or Good Sam.
I have AAA which I upgraded to include my RV as well.
Zoafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Manuals and operating instructions for all your accessories and for the coach itself. It does make dry reading when you are out and about but knowing the information is available may solve some worry when you are the middle of nowhere, out of cell coverage and something goes in the potty.

I regestered our 'new to us' unit with Winnebago and they sent me links to damn near everything I wanted to know about our A Class. I wish I had had all that information when I originally found and purchased our C Class. The school of hard knocks is sometimes not the best learning environment when you're under duress.

Enjoy you unit and safe travels.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to adehaan86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post

1) Sewar drain hose

I know there are PLENTY of other things but I am trying to get the basics right now.

What a lot of people do is sit in the driveway and camp for a night or two and do not go into the house to find what they "need." Others will camp close to home or a big box store in case they need to make serveral little trips for things.

I would recommend this. IMO no reason to spend money on something you use once, take that money and use it for a extra trip or two.
adehaan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Manuals and operating instructions for all your accessories and for the coach itself. It does make dry reading when you are out and about but knowing the information is available may solve some worry when you are the middle of nowhere, out of cell coverage and something goes in the potty.

I regestered our 'new to us' unit with Winnebago and they sent me links to damn near everything I wanted to know about our A Class. I wish I had had all that information when I originally found and purchased our C Class. The school of hard knocks is sometimes not the best learning environment when you're under duress.

Enjoy you unit and safe travels.
Got all those, I can't believe how thick the PO files were. He kept every booklet, receipt, repair, miles log, details on campsite and what they did etc.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #7

Quote:

1) Sewar drain hose

Credit card!
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Zoafan, If there is not one now you need to get a surge protector to ensure that when you plug the power cord into an electrical plug at a camp ground it will protect the electrical equipment in the MH.
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Got all those, I can't believe how thick the PO files were. He kept every booklet, receipt, repair, miles log, details on campsite and what they did etc.
Cool, then in all likelihood the thing is well looked after which is a good sign. My wife does the same thing. Over the stove way up high (she's under 5 foot) is where the three ring binder with everything we know about the unit in it is stored. We bought a huge box of plastic page protectors and everything gets filed in the in order and by date and diarized so that I know exactly when something needs to be done. I just printed off the updates to our fridge unit files from a PDF I was sent a link to and this is dutifully filed in the book. You never have too much pertinent information when you really need information.

Enjoy your unit and safe travels.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Booze, lots of booze and don"t forget your Activities Director.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #11

Great idea, what is the diffeence between these units?

Progressive Industries 50 Amp Portable Surge Guard - Surge Guards - Power Protection - Electrical

and

Progressive Industries 50 Amp Portable Electrical Management System - Surge Guards - Power Protection - Electrical
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Not sure myself but the obvious answer is "about 200 bucks." I will admit I do not know the answer and will await what others say regards this type of protection.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #13

If you have a spare tire and plan on changing your own flat, make sure your jack will raise your unit before you need it. I had a flat on a trailer we had and the dang truck jack would not lift the trailer, luckily a nice guy stopped and bailed me out. PS. the jack was brand new and would't lift the truck either, was a Ford powerstroke
LDP243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I also recommend a trial run at a local campground. Besides the surge suppressor, make sure you have a water pressure regulator. I didn't get one until after I developed a leak in the ice maker plumbing. I got us all hooked up, turned everything on, and then my DW said: "Oh, honey, the campground manager said to be careful, they have really high water pressure".

The leak was not expensive to fix, after I found and ordered the fitting, but having the regulator would have prevented the damage. There are a million things you'll find you need. A deck of cards is always nice to have while you wait for the tow rig!
Freedmeister is offline   Reply With Quote