Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #1

New (to me) Class A Motorhome

I just purchased a 2007 Revolution and reading this forum for the past year has been a big help. I have been camping in Travel trailers for the past 5 years so I am not a complete novice, but the step up to a MH has been a humbling experience.

DW and I (with the kids and dog) are breaking it in this weekend and as with any trial run there have been a few issues. Hoping the folks can help me out with them or point me in the right direction. And yes I did RTFM, but they are not as intuitive as they should be.

Water Pressure Issue: I have great pressure in the shower, toilets, outside hose, water dispenser on the kitchen sink and fridge but I have absolutely no pressure in any of the sinks. I think this is because there may be air in the line but I am not sure how to correct. I have tried keeping the faucets open opening the tank dumps, running the WP while connected to City water, but nothing seems to be working thoughts?

Entry Stairs: I believe the switch by the passenger seat allows for me to keep the stairs out when at the camp site, but regardless of which position I put the switch in they retract when the door closes. Is there another step I am missing?

Water Leak: I noticed a leak coming from the bottom of the fridge, upon further investigation it is not coming from the inside of the fridge, it is coming from under the black flange in both corners on the bottom of the fridge where it slides into the wall. I think this may be from a leak in the hose for the water dispenser but not sure where to access that line from.

Appreciate all the info I have learned from this great forum and hoping to get some more. I am sure I will have more questions in the future!

Thanks,
Brian
borourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #2

Water pressures:
Might you have a control center for turning off water to each item, located in maybe the wet bay?

If the unit was winterized, might the hot water bypass be open? Not sure how that might effect only the sinks.

Leak at refer. Look under the sink and see if there is a shut off in a small line from the drinking water filter area if you have one. We have a different brand coach. But we have a shut off for the drinking water outlet at the sink, and the refer ice maker. Take off the outside refer access cover and see if your supply line is leaking, or the ice maker water valve is maybe been freeze damaged and cracked. The valve has an inlet and outlet, either end might be leaking. There is also a drain line in most refers from the box to the outside for defrosted melt to leave the box. I have one in the refer, on the back wall, and one in the bottom of my freezer, on my side by side 2 door model. This is only really in issue when I defrost, or the refer door is open enough to allow the melting ice off the refer coils on the back wall. Last month I helped a RV renter when his carpet was soaked when they awoke. Found a loose nut on the ice maker supply line dripping at the ice maker valve.

Steps usually do have a switch that over rides the auto feature to save the folding action working over time.
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Dumb question but did you try unscrewing the faucet screens? Maybe they are full of junk.

The switch on the wall should turn on/off the automatic steps. When mine has acted up the stairs fail to open. It's usually a problem with the sensor at the top of my door not working. Not quite sure what your issues might be.

As far as the fridge goes, go outside and open the access panel to the back of the fridge. Check to see if there's an obvious leak from that side. Cannot imagine there's actually anything under the fridge that would leak. I would think it may just be running under it.

Good luck. There always seems to be something.
flapbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by borourke View Post
I just purchased a 2007 Revolution and reading this forum for the past year has been a big help. I have been camping in Travel trailers for the past 5 years so I am not a complete novice, but the step up to a MH has been a humbling experience.

DW and I (with the kids and dog) are breaking it in this weekend and as with any trial run there have been a few issues. Hoping the folks can help me out with them or point me in the right direction. And yes I did RTFM, but they are not as intuitive as they should be.

Water Pressure Issue: I have great pressure in the shower, toilets, outside hose, water dispenser on the kitchen sink and fridge but I have absolutely no pressure in any of the sinks. I think this is because there may be air in the line but I am not sure how to correct. I have tried keeping the faucets open opening the tank dumps, running the WP while connected to City water, but nothing seems to be working thoughts?

Entry Stairs: I believe the switch by the passenger seat allows for me to keep the stairs out when at the camp site, but regardless of which position I put the switch in they retract when the door closes. Is there another step I am missing?

Water Leak: I noticed a leak coming from the bottom of the fridge, upon further investigation it is not coming from the inside of the fridge, it is coming from under the black flange in both corners on the bottom of the fridge where it slides into the wall. I think this may be from a leak in the hose for the water dispenser but not sure where to access that line from.

Appreciate all the info I have learned from this great forum and hoping to get some more. I am sure I will have more questions in the future!

Thanks,
Brian
Hi Brian! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang!

Water Pressure Issue: Boy, that's a good one! When we bought our coach the kitchen sink faucet had very little flow. I looked underneath and found that they had ran the sink through the water filter (instead of installing a separate water filter faucet) and the filter was only rated at 1/2 GPM! I installed a faucet for the filter and connected the sink faucet directly to the supply line.

Entry Stairs- I have a switch by the door, as you described, that in one position will leave the stairs out, but ONLY when the engine is not running! If yours is not doing that you may have a bad switch.

Water Leak: The icemaker line is the most likely to be causing this. Open the access door outside behind the fridge and you should see the line coming down with a shut-off valve. Mine was leaking at the top and I just turned it off rather than pull out the fridge.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #5

Hi welcome. Regarding entry steps, could be a magnet not lining up or a loose wire. Steps can be a mystery. Water pressure could be sediment in the aerator.. Access the rear of the refrigerator from the outside by turning the widgets a quarter turn.
Rbhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #6

On my 2002 Revolution the step switch is labeled "OFF" on the bottom and when in that position mine stay out unless I turn the ignition switch. If yours does not work in this position, I would test the switch to see if it is okay.

Th water in sinks are probably as others have stated, the screen id stopped-up.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Seems like your on the track to good answer.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #8

Well as always the help on this board is great, here is an update in where I am in progress.

Steps issue - OK Rookie mistake, but thats OK since I am going to play the rookie card for a while. If the keys are in the ignition and the accessory switch is on there is an override that makes the steps come in. Good safety feature since I would be the one to drive off with them down.

Water Leak - I found the turn off under the sink and turned the water off. I do not plan on using the water dispenser or ice maker so that is a good temporary fix.

Water Pressure in Sinks - The Kitchen Faucet is working perfectly now. I disconnect the Facet from the hose that allows you to move the head around and as soon as I turned the water on it began working. Reattached faucet and no issues. The two bathroom sinks are a different story. I removed the screen which is about 1/2 inch in the faucet and in doing so I had to break some of the plastic pieces holding the screen on. The good news in the water is coming out with great pressure, but it is in a very small tight stream that splashes all over.

I went to Menards / Home Depot and they have never seen the pieces before. I also showed them a picture of the faucets and they had never seen one of them before so I tried attaching a picture of the faucet to see if anyone knows what part I may need to order but I can't figure out how to do it. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks again,
Brian
Old 03-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
On my old rig, the steps will not shut off in either position until the engine is stopped and the door has been opened and closed one time.

Then turn the steps off and they remain in their current position.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
It may be easier to just replace those bathroom faucet fixtures with "normal" residential items. All you need to match is the hole type and spacing under the faucet, most likely a two hole with 4" spacing, but can't say without seeing it. I replaced ours when the rig was new as I did not like the design the factory installed.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
It may be easier to just replace those bathroom faucet fixtures with "normal" residential items.
I really have to agree with that, it just might save you a lot of heartache.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #12

I will definitely take that into consideration. Appreciate the Feedback!

Brian

Tags
class a, motorhome