Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Paul123
I don't think there is an average price for RV spaces. You might look at Trailer Life camping directory to get a feel for prices for RV parks. Prices may vary summer to winter and during holiday weekends. Some parks have a monthly fee and some do not. Most do not charge more for a larger RV but may charge more for a pull through or 50 amp electricity. We lived on a 46 foot sailboat for 12 years thenhad a 41 power boat for about five years. As you mentioned boat life is a great learning experience for the systems. (At least with a RV you don't have to worry about losing a through the hull fitting in the middle of nowhere). Our 40 foot Journey with CAt 330 HPO and three slides was bought about 18 months ago and was lower than your price range but did need about $3000 in tires and other items bringing the cost up to your lower figure.
Welcome and safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #16

Our budget isn't as rich as yours, but we're doing the same sort of thing. We have budgeted $10,000 for initial repairs and upgrades that we will want, and we haven't even decided on the class of RV yet, much less a brand!

One brand that hasn't been mentioned here is the Bluebird Wanderlodge. Randy Dupre is a broker for them. Go to his site Blue Bird Wanderlodge and Motor Coach Brokering Service and check them out. While the Wanderlodges themselves are no longer made, Bluebird is still very much in business. Their owners group is at Wanderlodge Owners Group - Powered by vBulletin and they are very friendly.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Don't overlook the Safari brand (now owned by Monaco). I would add it to the list DavDeb1 listed. Very good quality coach, and awesome and very dedicated support groups to assist with ongoing maintenance and upgrades, etc (you can PM me if you want the addresses). We bought ours-our first DP- and have been very impressed with the overall quality, etc. Lots of value for the $$ n my opinion and a great choce for a first timer.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, we were initially looking specifically for a Safri, then we ran into this HR. I was always intrigued, and still am with their unique high end features. I would love a Safari!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
Yes, we were initially looking specifically for a Safri, then we ran into this HR. I was always intrigued, and still am with their unique high end features. I would love a Safari!
I love yours Jon, just was I was looking for.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
American Coach by Fleetwood produces some very nice upscale MH. Include their models in your search. Eagle, Dream, Tradition and Fleetwood Revolution LE.

Slides are the only thing we might want an upgrade to achieve. Otherwise our old Country Coach has been reliable and of excellent quality for the past 10 years of its 17 year life.

I especially have valued the numbered wire runs and wire list and schematics in the CC manuals.

I think there are very few ownership questions over the past ten years which were not answered in the owners manuals had I made a good effort to read them. Great documentation on a used coach.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome