Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #1

Smile New to this ...... We just bought a new Motorhome.

Hi All....

I am new to this forum, and new to the motorhomes, however we are not new to traveling and camping. We had a fifth wheel until this year, when we just traded it in for our motorhome. We have rented them before and drove to Florida, all 24 hours of driving! We absolutely love the RV lifestyle, and feel so happy that we can enjoy this life with our 3 kids instead of waiting until they "grow up"! We have 3 kids ages 15, 11, & 7.

Anyway, my question is.....we are taking our motorhome for a "run" I'll say this weekend, and are wondering if anyone knows where in Maine we can get propane. We live in New Brunswick so the -26 degree weather has been hard on the propane while we are getting ready to leave... Can you get it at a 24hr gas station?

Also I should say Im new to this, so im not quite sure i did this right!
thanks so much.....
LifeisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #2

Yikes - Maine camping in Jan. Way to go. Lots of places have propane. I get propane at our feed store. Some gas stations have propane and many RV storage places.

Keep those pipes from freezing.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #3

I guess I should clarify....we are not sleeping in the motorhome in Maine...:0 We are only taking it with us, i guess just to try it out. We were looking for a place to fill up our propane along the way......so we can have the heat on! As you know, we will need it We are leaving in 3 weeks for Florida, and just thought we would try it out first! Thanks so much.......

Lori
Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hello Lori, if you are driving into Bangor / Brewer I can give you a place to fill your LP.

Peter & Judy
Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

Flying J truck stops are a good source for propane, gasoline or diesel.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome from another NBer. We actually moved away many years ago but still have lots of family there in the Saint John area and Sackville area. We lived 4 years in Fredericton and know Douglas is in the area, but not quite sure where now?
The MH is absoulutely the best way to travel. Enjoy.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome!

Welcome to the best RV forum around! Can't help you on the propane issue,
but I use our local propane company. Also if there are any year-round campgrounds around (is Bayley's open year round?) they usually have propane
tanks.

Safe Travels!
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:54 AM   #8

Thanks Winnie !! Yes we will be driving by Bangor! Your help is much appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie 2000 View Post
Hello Lori, if you are driving into Bangor / Brewer I can give you a place to fill your LP.

Peter & Judy
Thanks Winnie!

Yes we will be driving by Bangor, your help is much appreciated. Thanks all I am really enjoying this forum. Lots of good information!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Ontario View Post
Welcome from another NBer. We actually moved away many years ago but still have lots of family there in the Saint John area and Sackville area. We lived 4 years in Fredericton and know Douglas is in the area, but not quite sure where now?
The MH is absoulutely the best way to travel. Enjoy.
Thanks! Douglas is just outside of Fredericton, on your way to Mactaquac or Keswick.

Yes, I'm quite sure we will have many years of fun in our new motorhome! We love it!!!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Google Maine propane and you will find every place in Maine that sells propane. As mentioned earlier, most Flying J's sell propane.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think NB is getting hit by another snow storm this weekend so drive carefully. Also when you get back if you have driven much on salted roads it would bE good to get the underside power washed to stop any rusting or corrosion on the underside.
We lived in New Maryland for four years from 1980-84 and both of our children were born at the Chalmers Hospital. I worked for the provincial Department of Supply and Services as an architect. We had a friend Ashley Cummings from Keswick Ridge.Its a small world.
JM2CW
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hello again Lori, if you haven't found a place for LP and you are still planning to pass by Brewer Me. I'm sure you might be familiar with Marden's in Brewer a popular shopping stop for many, well just a couple hundred meters further down Wilson St. on the other side or the road is a place to fill your LP tank. Hope you have a wonderful adventure.

Peter & Judy

PS. There aren't any Flying J in this part of New England.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome!

Here is something you can try.

Open up either Bing Maps, or Google maps. Type in the city and state that you are interested in. When the map of that city comes up, in the map search pane, type in the word PROPANE (doesn't have to be all caps) and press the enter key or click on the search key. The map will be populated with places that have propane. Make sure to call ahead to see if they can accommodate you. I just searched the Bangor, ME area and had a dozen or so hits for propane.

Now, just slide the map around and the pop-ups will change accordingly

Ladies and Gentlemen, this works for just about anything, Campgrounds, Gas stations, Truck stops, Propane, Restaurant, - ad infinitum.

Just BE ADVISED, that this is a quick and easy way to find items, but it is still your responsibility to check that the place you found has what you want. It is so easy to populate a web site so that it can pop up your site. Example: A car dealership wants to just populate everything. One of the things he can do on his web site is send a meta-key so that a search engine pops up his information when the word "food" is typed in. It's unfortunate, but it does happen. So that is why I say, check, check and double check. It's only a phone call.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The most important question we did not ask is which MH did you buy? I am assuming its a Coachman? My father who now lives in Gondola Point bought a Coachman from a dealer south of Fredericton on the old highway on the east side of the Saint John River. He bought his way back in 1992.