Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #1

Newbie looking for coach batteries

I have recently bought a 2017 Fleetwood Storm 32A. I was told, at the dealership that there were four 6v coach batteries and one 12v chassis battery. So far I've located two 6v batteries under the steps inside the entry door. However, the supposed remaining two 6v batteries are still MIA. Anybody know where these last two batteries might be located?
Beeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Glad to have you join us here in the forums .

Unfortunately , if your information came from a salesman , the two 6 Vs you've found may be the only house batteries on your RV.
But if you haven't located the chassis battery , they could be with it.
In front of the radiator , between the frame rails ?

Do you have an owners manual for your coach ?

If you don't have one, check the manufacturers web site , one may be available as a free pdf download.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #3

Quick test.

With shore power off, remove the short jumper between the 2- 6 volt batteries you found. If the lights still work, there are more batteries somewhere.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:16 AM   #4

I have ‘13 storm 32bh and it has only 2 6v under the entry step which are the house batteries and the 1 12v in engine cmpt. That’s it for batteries. We do a fair amount of overnight boondocking when traveling from pt a to pt b but then hookup when we get to destination. I replaced my 6v at batteries plus with Duracell’s and have been happy. If you -lan to do lots of lengthy boondocking you might want something different but the ones I got work for us and reasonable price. Lots written about batteries on this site.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #5

Thnx much regarding the batteries. We're looking forward to a bit of travel this summer once this CV pandemic lets up.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #6

I would recommend Trojan T-105 AGM
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #7

You gotta love salesmen who have no idea about the product they are selling other than it it has wheels and a motor (somewhere). If you're going to do a lot of boon docking - may consider AGM batteries when it is time to replace current ones.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Well, the 2017 Fleetwood brochure does indeed claim it has 4x 6v batteries, but it also states it has an understep battery compartment and those rarely have more than room for two house batteries. These brochures aren't always accurate for each and every model, though. They seldom reflect changes that occur through the model-year, for example.

https://big.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspa...20190801124012

Most Storm models I've ever looked at had only two batteries.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #9

Newbie found the batteries

Thnx to all that answered my question about the # of batteries in my 2017 FW Storm. I called and spoke with FW Customer Support. They looked up my unit's Serial number and confirmed that there are only two coach batteries in addition to the one chassis battery. Have to say that FW was VERY helpful and courteous.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:26 AM   #10

That's why he's a salesman. He sold you a motorhome with two batteries for the price of a motorhome with four batteries.
Hopefully he didn't upsell you to the tag axle too.
Live and learn. You are dealing with people who bs, lie and say stupid things for a living.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, newbie