Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
laj

I agree with Cat320. its not the length to a point
but setting up once you are in the site that creates some issues.
I have not had an issue as long as i call ahead to get the site i need to fit my length, but i don`t travel on holidays either.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Does size matter......?

For us, it's more about the floorplan and storage. We spend alot of time in our 34' and would not hesitate to full-time in it. I will say, the more slides the better. Opening the width when parked opens up the coach far more than adding a few feet to the tail.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
A year ago after a lot of research we bought a used Tiffin Allegro 34 with the workhorse chassie. Three slides and runs like a charm. This unit has plenty of space for two people handles and drives like a charm. You can't beat this RV for money it cost.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #18

My take on it, you'll be living in it, so get as much room as you can afford. Ours is 38' and haven't been to any park (National Parks excluded) that it wouldn't fit.

Good luck with your choice

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #19

Folks,

Thanks again for all the info. We will soon be out on a 2 week trip in our 5th wheel, and plan to check out many of the coaches we have seen advertised. We'll keep you posted on what we find. This will be fun.

Bruce
737driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #20

Other than bumping my head into them when setting up the water, power, and sewer, I have never had an issue in an RV park putting out our two drivers side slides. I have had problems going around sharp bends and corners when trying to get to our space. I look at the space map very carefully before driving into a space for entry and getting out when we leave. Some parks have put large rocks as edge markers into the interior roadways. Those are not good to clip with a tire or side wall when going in or out.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote