Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #1

Newbie with question

Hi Gang. I joined IRV2 months before I purchased my first RV. The forums were so instrumental in all that I have learned, and the direction of my purchase. I am thankful there is such a great resource of information and knowledge.

So Recently i closed a deal on a 2004 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation. I will be taking ownership of the coach in March, as the seller so graciously is allowing me to store the coach in Florida till the warm weather. I live in New jersey, and we have some harsh winters here. I do plan on building a shelter, but that will be next years project.

I live in Morris county, which is North Jersey, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place for servicing the RV. As with any business, there are good and bad, so I am coming to you guys first before I goto the internet.
Thanks so much in advance

Dave
collecter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #2

Dave
Congratulations on your new coach. If you have all the books on it you should take them home and do a lot of reading so you can have a trouble free ride home. You have a great coach and should be trouble free.
You can get more help over on Country Coach Owners Yahoo Group.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #3

Dave,

I can't help you with your actual question, but let me make a suggestion about your RV shelter. Knowing east coast bureaucracies as I do (Parents had a home in Morris Plains for years), Design the shelter with:
inside dimensions of: Length 50', Width 12' and Height of 15' A concrete floor is almost essential to limit moisture intrusion. You need the over size to do the exterior maintenance off season. The additional cost will be minimal and once you get board approval it will be easier than changing later.
Have it wired for a 50Amp (14-50) power so you can keep the coach ready to go. Explain to the board that powering the coach as native is actually way safer.
Water would be great, but not essential as long as you can get a hose there to do an external wash. This is why you need room to at least crawl on the top.
Sewer access would be good too. If it is your septic system, then you have to watch what treatments you use.

I am now in Michigan (very similar climate) and we (BIL & I) have coach barns and a big as they both are, they can always be bigger.

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Dave
Congratulations on your new coach. If you have all the books on it you should take them home and do a lot of reading so you can have a trouble free ride home. You have a great coach and should be trouble free.
You can get more help over on Country Coach Owners Yahoo Group.
2 stroker
2 Stroker, thanks for the tip on the Yahoo forum. For some reason, i cant seem to find it, would you be able to send a link??

Dave
Old 12-30-2016, 07:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F76Marion View Post
Dave,

I can't help you with your actual question, but let me make a suggestion about your RV shelter. Knowing east coast bureaucracies as I do (Parents had a home in Morris Plains for years), Design the shelter with:
inside dimensions of: Length 50', Width 12' and Height of 15' A concrete floor is almost essential to limit moisture intrusion. You need the over size to do the exterior maintenance off season. The additional cost will be minimal and once you get board approval it will be easier than changing later.
Have it wired for a 50Amp (14-50) power so you can keep the coach ready to go. Explain to the board that powering the coach as native is actually way safer.
Water would be great, but not essential as long as you can get a hose there to do an external wash. This is why you need room to at least crawl on the top.
Sewer access would be good too. If it is your septic system, then you have to watch what treatments you use.

I am now in Michigan (very similar climate) and we (BIL & I) have coach barns and a big as they both are, they can always be bigger.

Frank
Frank, thanks for the tip on the shelter for the RV. One follow up question...Does the floor or should the floor be concrete, or would asphalt be just as good?

Dave.

p.s Morris plains is about 30 minutes from my house.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Dave,
I'm in Manalapan NJ, and after a lot of bad, and Some good repair places in this state, I found: Exit 8 Truck Repair in East Windsor, right off of exit 8 of the turnpike. I recently blew a wheel seal and I thought it was a leaking brake cylinder which is what I told the mechanic. They could have screwed me by agreeing with my diagnosis, but they called me a few hours later with the good news. It cost me a little over $200 instead of a new caliper and a lot more labor. They do tune ups, sell tires, and whatever else you can think of. If you're anything like me, when you find a reputable repairman you stick with him. Best of luck with your new rig!
tedjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by collecter56 View Post
2 Stroker, thanks for the tip on the Yahoo forum. For some reason, i cant seem to find it, would you be able to send a link??

Dave
Dave
Here you go. It is a lot harder to get around there but good people there also. Not a big fan, don't like the formate but when it comes to trying to get good info it all helps.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ch-Owners/info
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Dave, I have used Risco RV in Farmingdale NJ a couple of times. They can do just about anything you need done. Or look into some local RV techs that can do your service work for you. I sometimes refer to them as RV doctors.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by collecter56 View Post
Frank, thanks for the tip on the shelter for the RV. One follow up question...Does the floor or should the floor be concrete, or would asphalt be just as good?

Dave.

p.s Morris plains is about 30 minutes from my house.
He said, "A concrete floor is almost essential to limit moisture intrusion".

It's also better for your tires than asphalt, easier to roll around under your chassis on a creeper to do maintenance and easier to sweep and keep clean.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #10

May want to look at this site also. I know what it is like to get BAD service and don't wish it on anyone.

RV Service Reviews
Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #11

Martin and Joan; Thanks for the tip on the floors. I will start planning on the concrete floor instead of Asphalt.

Computer guy, thanks for the RV Facility list in New Jersey. That is helpful. There is a place near me, called Escape RV that I was recommended to use from a friend. They dont service the Motor, but there is a nearby facility that does. Looks like I may have to give them a try when the time comes.

Tags