Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #57

jrs, I have and I was impressed with the Cornerstone. It has everything and would give the same experience on the road, as much room, beautiful interior that matches my down home taste much better. I may yet go for one, or the new Essex or King Aire, or hopefully a 3 to 5 year old Newell. I'm 62, and selling a couple robotic patents, the fruits of 25 years of development. I have told the buyer my price, I'm waiting for their response. They liked the offer but one never knows till the final contract is hammered out. Hopefully that will get done in the next couple months. Then I go shopping and find out which level of coach I can afford. An Entegra, a Newmar, or a Newell, we'll see.
Christian51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #58

The real beauty of the Newell steering tag IMO is the turn radius at slow speed period. Which is a helluvan advantage. In every other way, its more gear. But w/a 45ft coach that tight turn radius is sweet.

Chris51- my buddy had a warranty problem w/his TV; Newell factory said they could fly a tech out to dismount it & crate it for factory service, then send the same tech out to remount it when the TV was fixed (Sony). Gary told them that was too much bother, so he & his wife took the big TV down & put it in the crate Newell sent; remounted it when the crate came back w/a working TV. After you've been thru enough service w/a rig you are living in, doing things yourself (that shadetree thing) has a certain appeal over the bother of other people's schedules & trapesing around in your home. I was doing my own oil changes for a while just for the convenience of scheduling vs most truck service joints, then I discovered SpeedCo (drive thru for big rig LOF's).
Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #59

I hear ya Mike! I'm an artist and good with my hands so I like to do most things myself and loved working on old cars when young. But over the years I learned it was better to pay someone their going rate and focus on my own professional work. If I busted a finger and couldn't paint for a while I would loose a lot more than the cost of a repair let alone if I screwed it up. This is one primary reason I want a Newell.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #60

Newell is a heck of an outfit, I am super impressed with them for sure. I have owned all kinds from Newmars to Prevost and as for service Newell is head and shoulders above them all. Knock wood I haven't had any real troubles with any of my Newell coaches but like anything with so many systems there will be items that are in need of service now and again. They will do whatever it takes to make it right they really will. If you do order a coach from them they will wow you with the way they work to get everything you want the way you want it. I have a 2014 ordered now and we are still designing it and picking out finishes etc. good luck in your quest !!!
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #61

Huck, got any idea what they discount the used coaches from their internet site prices. I've found them selling the same coach for a 100 grand less on 05-06s on two different sites. I am interested in an 08 or newer. They told me in an email that they can retrofit the Easy Steer back to 06 coaches and I want it added along with a few interior changes. From reading, I am assuming the retrofit will run close to 50 grand. But that is a guess. I'll start batting questions at Newell when I have the money in my pocket. Until then, this place has been wonderful at helping me get the lay of the land.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #62

Well as for the discount that is a good question and not easy to answer as every coach will have its own amount of profit based on what they have in it. I have never purchased a used coach from them only new ones but they were very willing to deal on the new ones so my guess would be they will deal on a used one as well.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #63

Well 1.6 to 1.7 million for a new one would bust up my savings account pretty good. I tell myself I'll keep it to under a million and the wife says I better. I figure a used one purchased from the company will be close to new condition and after a few years if we get the use out of it, then I would like to take part in designing our own.

What is nice is that I grew up 30 miles from Miami OK so it will be enjoyable when I go up there for service and have the chance to see old friends and family more often.