Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2022, 12:11 PM   #1

Newmar Ventana 2020 half bath wall moves

We have a 2020 Ventana 4369 and noticed the half bath door was swinging open. The dealer added a catch plate and that solved the problem for a little while. However now it does not latch again. The problem is that the gap between the door and the wall was larger than before.
Further investigation we saw the wall has moved at the bottom forward about an inch.
I can push the wall back so the door stays closed but after a drive the wall moves again creating the large gap.
Does anyone seen this problem and how to solve it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694D.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	374014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1695D.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	374015  

erald is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I would pull/pry back the molding, where you can at the base of the wall, set it in the correct position and then drive a couple of drywall screws through the wall into the floor.

Other option....if the molding can be pulled back, you could push the wall out of place, install an "L" bracket into the floor and then push the wall back and secure it to the bracket.

Lastly, construction glue could be forced under the wall and may be strong enough to hold it in position.

(I oriented your photos)

Name:	IMG_1694D.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	374016

Name:	IMG_1695D.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	374017
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #3

It looks like the wall is sitting on top of the tile. If so, you are not going to be able to screw through the tile - maybe through the grout line.

Construction adhesive may be your only option.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:03 PM   #4

I think on a coach this recent, I'd call Newmar and find out if they have seen this before and what they suggest for the fix. There could be more going on than is apparent.

This ensures that either you fix it correct or the repair shop you choose fixes it correct.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I would pull/pry back the molding, where you can at the base of the wall, set it in the correct position and then drive a couple of drywall screws through the wall into the floor.

Other option....if the molding can be pulled back, you could push the wall out of place, install an "L" bracket into the floor and then push the wall back and secure it to the bracket.

Lastly, construction glue could be forced under the wall and may be strong enough to hold it in position.

(I oriented your photos)
Thank you for orienting the photos they rotated when I uploaded them. It will be difficult to drive some screws in there since it is on the tiles. Think construction glue is the only option. Just it is quite tight to the floor and hoping can get it underneath it.

Wrote to Newmar to see what they suggest.
erald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:29 AM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

I would pull the door jam off so that you can see how it was secured originally. Something at the floor line broke, like a screw or nail and that has allowed for the wall to shift. You will need apply construction adhesive under the framing at the floor. Not just next to it. If you get the jam removed, send pictures of that and I can give you some more advise on how to proceed. Other than contacting, NIRVC for them to assist with the repair.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:42 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You can still drill the tiles with a small/long concrete drill bit, which will then allow you to bite into the subfloor.

Silicone is a pretty tough product when used correctly. Find a tube of brown silicone and run a bead on both sides of the wall after forcing some construction adhesive under it. Smooth the silicone with your finger and it won't be noticeable with the brown wall and tile. If it's placed on both sides, it will secure the wall.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, vent, ventana