Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2022, 11:16 AM   #1

Question Newmar Ventana - Stolen

Our 2017 Newmar Ventana 4037 w/33,000 miles on it was stolen from our storage facility. As we deal with insurance, we are looking for opinions on ACV. Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Options - Freightliner 400HP, dash nav, Hydronic heat, microwave/convection oven, induction cooktop, residential refrigerator, central vac, Wineguard electric antenna, 4 LED TVs including exterior sidewall, recliners and jacknife sofa, energy mgmt system, mechanical lock arms, pass through storage trays, patio hammock pkg, porcelain tile flooring, Blue Ox tow pkg, Whirlpool stackable W/D, chrome exterior mirrors, chrome bag lock & keyless entry, solar prep, one piece molded fiberglass roof, safe, kitchen window.
Klzchaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #2

That's just incredible!

I cannot even fathom the feeling of realizing it was stolen
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Was this a gated storage area? There must be some sort of surveillance from the yard that hopefully shows something that will help catch the culprit(s).
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:08 PM   #4

Read the small print of your rental agreement, MOST likely there is something that says, "Not responsible for Damage or Theft."
Good luck with the insurance company.
Sorry for your loss.
Cheers
retnasaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I’ve not had an actual theft occur, but my “mobile assets” are all protected with SPOT GPS trackers. They work great and for the cost of the units they protect it’s worth it. I hardwire them to vehicle battery and they last forever. They only alert on motion, and I get an email with that happens.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:42 PM   #6

What is ACV? -Paul
Old 02-14-2022, 01:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
What is ACV? -Paul
I think “actual cost value”.
Backcountry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:50 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Actual Cash Value.
Replacement cost minus depreciation = ACV

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 03:12 PM   #9

Start creating a detailed inventory of EVERYTHING that was loaded on your rig - clothing, linens, dishes, tools, etc.. Your homeowners insurance may cover that.

Friends just went through this after total loss in a fire. The sum value of personal effects was surprising & months after the settlement, they continue to remember items that they forgot.
Cincy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Steve
Start creating a detailed inventory of EVERYTHING that was loaded on your rig - clothing, linens, dishes, tools, etc.. Your homeowners insurance may cover that.

Friends just went through this after total loss in a fire. The sum value of personal effects was surprising & months after the settlement, they continue to remember items that they forgot.
Good point. I need to go around the house and video everything in every room and closet and drawer again because my last video is years old. I should do the same with the motorhome.

Ray
Old 02-15-2022, 12:34 PM   #11

Yes it was in a storage facility and they are devastated. There was surveillance video and all was turned over to authorities.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:36 PM   #12

We are looking into those options - better late than never I suppose! We are also looking into the Apple Tags. I like the idea that what you're suggesting is attached to the battery. We will check them out.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #13

Yes - actual cash value. Interesting part is that looking at ACV now is different than it was pre-COVID due to the limited availability of RVS. Not sure how this will play out with the insurance but...
Old 02-15-2022, 12:42 PM   #14

One of the first things we were told when reporting the claim to insurance was to begin listing everything we could think of that was in the coach...and we have been adding to it as we go along. It was amazing what we had in there as it was our first RV ever and, at the beginning, we had no idea what we would need or want. She said to list everything down to the "contact lens cases". Eye opening. We are much more clear about what we need - and what we don't - now!

Tags
newmar, vent, ventana