Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #43

Set back!

...though it will work out better for us time wise, we just learned a few hours ago before hitting the road that the leveling system for the Bentley was not in from the manufacture. It was due In Wednesday and be installed on the 26th but that was the day we had scheduled to leave and they could not guarantee that it would be done.. Nexus was going to try and rush installation for us but Dave the owner said no...and that they would take their time and get it right. Actual build time for our coach and future coaches has changed to 4 months. We will be taking deliverly the day after labor day and will spend 4 days at the plant going g to through all the systems. Standing down for 3 more weeks.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 11:31 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
WDK - so sorry to hear about the delay... but good news that Nexus wants to be sure they take their time and get it right, instead of rushing the job! That's pretty unique in a world where quantity usually trumps quality.

I may seem like 3 weeks is a long time now, but a year from now when you've been enjoying your coach you won't even remember it!
Old 08-19-2015, 11:53 PM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillandJane View Post
I am afraid I have other information.....and I am pretty sure you will not find a side radiator in an ISB size engine on any motor home because in that size its too cost prohibitive but it is an option on the ISC and ISL.

WDK
I'd be interested in where your info comes from as it's different from what I've found over the last 15 years or so.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I'd be interested in where your info comes from as it's different from what I've found over the last 15 years or so.
I went to the horses mouth...the cummins plant not 10 miles from where I live because I did not know why a rear or side mounted radiator. While it is certainly doable, it is not practical to put a side mounted radiator on a motor home in the price point that an ISB engine would be in and I have yet to find a manufacture that is doing so or giving you the choice short of jacking up the price to the point that you might as well buy a 40 foot plus coach with the bigger engine.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #47

Quote:
...though it will work out better for us time wise, we just learned a few hours ago before hitting the road that the leveling system for the Bentley was not in from the manufacture. It was due In Wednesday and be installed on the 26th but that was the day we had scheduled to leave and they could not guarantee that it would be done.. Nexus was going to try and rush installation for us but Dave the owner said no...and that they would take their time and get it right. Actual build time for our coach and future coaches has changed to 4 months. We will be taking deliverly the day after labor day and will spend 4 days at the plant going g to through all the systems. Standing down for 3 more weeks.

WDK
Although inconvenient I think it's best to allow them the time to complete the build at a non hurried pace.
We will be in your neck of the woods wising my Dad (90 years young) Aug. 26 - Sep.3. Wave if you see a 2014 Storm 32H RV!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
Although inconvenient I think it's best to allow them the time to complete the build at a non hurried pace.
We will be in your neck of the woods wising my Dad (90 years young) Aug. 26 - Sep.3. Wave if you see a 2014 Storm 32H RV!
Way cool....we should be around.....the delay sucks, I just wish the salesman had told us earlier instead of waiting until we were within a few hours of leaving.

Congrats on dad....my dad turns 88 in October....I won't be there then but this set back because of the holiday, gives me few more days to spend with rather than the one I had planned driving through.

WDK
Old 08-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #49

Quote:

WDK
Update....NeXas went one better for us....instead of having to drive my trade in there, 2100 miles. They looked a little harder and found a local buyer here in Cali so now they are still flying us out plus some freight needed for our return trip. The delay is working out even better for us though we still have to drive it back....yeah ...the down side....we are anxious!!

WDK
Old 08-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #50

Quote:
Update....NeXas went one better for us....instead of having to drive my trade in there, 2100 miles. They looked a little harder and found a local buyer here in Cali so now they are still flying us out plus some freight needed for our return trip. The delay is working out even better for us though we still have to drive it back....yeah ...the down side....we are anxious!!

WDK
Nice to hear the company worked on this with you! I am so anxious to hear all about your Bentley delivery. Hope all goes exceedingly well and you love your new rig!
Mae
Old 08-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

WDK
Glad to hear that Nexus is being so proactive in working with you on this. It says a lot about them as a company! Best of luck with your new coach... I'm eagerly awaiting your report(s) about the whole process, how you like the coach, etc!

Now that I think of it... it probably couldn't hurt to let Nexus know there are lots of people eagerly awaiting your input on the whole experience. Could help to inspire them to go that one step further!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbounders View Post
Glad to hear that Nexus is being so proactive in working with you on this. It says a lot about them as a company! Best of luck with your new coach... I'm eagerly awaiting your report(s) about the whole process, how you like the coach, etc!

Now that I think of it... it probably couldn't hurt to let Nexus know there are lots of people eagerly awaiting your input on the whole experience. Could help to inspire them to go that one step further!

Probably couldn't!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 04:18 AM   #53

Now that I think of it... it probably couldn't hurt to let Nexus know there are lots of people eagerly awaiting your input

Old 08-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #54

...she is done.....we call her Julia, after my wife's mom....and she is waiting for us on the show room floor.

WDK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	104984   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	104985  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	104986   Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	104987  

Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Pretty darn exciting! Enjoy! And please keep us updated!
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:52 AM   #56
KC

It looks great, did there factory tour very nice!!!!

KC

Tags
diesel