Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

NIRVC Phoenix

I am somewhat baffled at the experience I am having at NIRVC in Phoenix. I decided to take my motorhome in to them for service because of the stellar reputation they seem to have on this forum. So far I have called twice. Once I was told service would call me back They never did. Once I got to a service person who spoke to me about the issue and said he would have another person call me back to schedule the work. Again, no call. Why do you like this place?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
from buckeye just west of phx i have not heard anything good about them other then they were better then camping world which aint saying much
Old 11-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #3

In Phoenix, this is the best place I have found: Massey's Diesel & RV Repair, Inc
1417 S. 59th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85043
602-233-1700
Old 11-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #4

Not my experience

That is disappointing to hear. On my first trip in my new to me Canyon Star I traveled from Cape Cod to near San Diego. Prior to leaving the east coast I had a couple of upgrades done locally and was very disappointed in both qualities of service and attitude.

When leaving California I was planning to pass through Phoenix so when thought I smelled propane so I shut it off at the tank and the next morning showed up at NIRVC minutes before they opened. They took me right away replaced the regulator and also noticed a couple of other items that they considered safety-related. I was there until about 2 pm. While there they updated me as to the progress and made sure I was comfortable. In the end, they charged me for only 2 hours labor and I was on my way.

About a month later I was back in California and thought I was experiencing electrical problems. I left the campground I was at a day early to head back east. While in transit I called NIRVC explained the situation. The service rep called me back in about an hour and told me to stop by the next day. I did and after a couple of hours of diagnostics could not find anything wrong. It turns out the campground had an electrical problem so I was on my way. Despite spending a couple of hours on my rig they refused to charge me anything.

Based on these two experiences compared to my experience back in Massachusetts I think NIRVC is great.
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #5

I want to update. I am OP. Shortly after leaving this post I got two calls from NIRVC. The first was from a service scheduler who said he had tried me yesterday but the calls wouldn't go through. Still, he did call today. I don't know of any problem I was having with my phone yesterday, but who knows. Shortly thereafter I got a call from Cowboy, the general manager, very apologetic about my bad experience. Apparently he got a call from the owner, who apparently monitors IRV2. They may not be perfect, but they care and try hard. I will give them another chance. BTW, Cowboy urged me to post his cellphone, 817-774-3476, saying call anytime I or anyone on the forum needs something. Now that's customer service!
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #6

Good deal, sounds like you are on your way to getting your coach fixed.
TheWoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #7

That is fantastic! What a great way to redeem themselves. I hope their service will continue to exceed expectations! Thanks for the follow up!
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
that sounds like the owner cares i may have to stop avoiding them next time
Old 11-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Thing is... NIRVC has a great reputation. Too good of a reputation. Along with this great reputaion they sell MHs and have clientele that have purchased from them. Plus they have people that pay for long term storage, too. Every group expects immediate personal service. The result is the same at other RV Dealerships, they can't keep up with the demand.

Last year at this time I took my MH to NIRVC in Dallas for body shop work. They accepted the job and promised quick turnaround. But the reality was they had 4 or 5 other RVs in for body shop work and those folks have purchased their RVs from NIRVC and those RVs came first.

I believed their "4-weeks max" promise. But the reality was it was over 4-weeks before they even got a chance to look at the RV.

During the process I called and emailed and pushed and complained. I received the RV back around week 9 and 1-day before a long planned winter trip. The last week I had to jump in and order parts and have them shipped overnight to NIRVC.

They did a fantastic job. They covered my $500 damage deposit without me asking.

The problem was... they were too busy and over promised. At least it was done and done right.

PS. They were extremely expensive. Extremely!
Old 11-08-2019, 06:00 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
WE currently have our coach stored with them and have been quit happy. Cowboy is very responsive.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #11

In my opinion you will not find a better dealer than NIRVC. They, like anything, are not perfect, but they will make it right. I’ve heard nothing but good about the Phoenix operation and I know Cowboy will bend over backwards to take care of people. Not many managers will give their cell phone number for you to call anytime you have a problem. Pretty outstanding in my opinion!
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I like the hot blond that does their mh videos...is she Angie?
Old 11-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #13

Does NIRVC service 5th wheels?
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #14

Well Shoot! The response from NIRVC AND Cowboy has impressed the heck out of me! I'm putting them AND Cowboy's number in my phone so if/when I'm ever near Phoenix I WILL give them a call and pass along their impressive customer service actions to other RVers.

BTW: I have seen issues with cell phones not receiving calls from people due to congestion on the particular tower, so NIRVC's not being able to get a hold of you is mostly likely 100% accurate.

Thanks for posting what I'm sure started out as a rant and turned into an amazing commercial, if you will, for NIRVC. Very cool!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote