Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2022, 04:06 PM   #1

No A/C on generator

Checked generator, indoor breakers and fuses. All okay. A/Cís run on shore power. Not a mechanical or electrical person but tell me what to check and where it is and Iíll get at it. Pictures help. Thanks.

2000 Safari Continental Panther
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2022, 04:10 PM   #2

Turn the ON-GENERATOR BREAKERS off and back on.

Let us know if this fixes it.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
Turn the ON-GENERATOR BREAKERS off and back on.

Let us know if this fixes it.
THIS^^^^^^

Sometimes breakers look good, but always turn them off then back on to reset.
Patio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:54 AM   #4

No A/C on generator

Thanks for the advice. Did those things and used test light on all fuses and reset all breakers. Again thanks for answering my post.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlestinky View Post
Thanks for the advice. Did those things and used test light on all fuses and reset all breakers. Again thanks for answering my post.

If you have 120 power from shore and nothing from genny check transfer switch .
Old 09-30-2022, 07:18 AM   #6

Here is how the power works in my coach (2001 Alpine Coach). Your coach is probably in princile but with different component manafacturers.

Here is my AC Main Power panel.

Note that the power comes in through the transfer switch to the main panel and then out to the air conditioners, regardless of power source (shore power or generator power). If the air conditioners run on shore power, but not generator power, the generator or the transfer switch are the likely culprits.

If your generator is like mine, there will be a breaker on the generaltor control panel, shown in the photo below to the left of the start/stop switch. This breaker is the one mentioned in earlier posts where other forum members are recommending that you cycle it off and then on.

Your posts seem to say that everything is working except the air conditioners. I think you need to verify that. My coach has a control panel that indicates when AC (alternating current) is present. It is shown in the photo below. Note the green light for "AC (alternating current) in".

If everything works (not just the air conditioners ) on shore power, and everything but the air conditioners work while on generator power, then the only thing left is the source for 12v control power. Speculation makes me wonder if your batteries are bad and your inverter charge circuit is off or not working. Note in the previous photo of the monitoring panel that the charger light is lit and charging voltage is 13.5v. Note in the photo below that the panel indicates there is no alternating current, no charging, that the battery state is green/13.0v, and that the inverter is on.

If you have a similar panel to monitor your coaches power system, and you could share photos of the panel taken while on shore power, on generator power, and finally in inverter power, it may help the gang here isolate your problem.
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlestinky View Post
Checked generator, indoor breakers and fuses. All okay. A/C’s run on shore power. Not a mechanical or electrical person but tell me what to check and where it is and I’ll get at it. Pictures help. Thanks.

2000 Safari Continental Panther
You say "No A/C on generator", do you mean A/C or AC? As Tha_Rooster says, check the transfer switch.
(and the model of generator would help)
OldWEB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:02 AM   #8

Please post update.
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator