Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2022, 12:13 PM   #1

No Dashboard Heat

First Post; wasn't sure to put this post in the Class A Motorhome (2002 Georgie Boy Landau) or the Ford Chassis section. Feedback appreciated. I've attached a picture of a Control Valve (Heater Core to the left). I manually push the lever to the right and I have heat (both input & output hoses get warm). Doesn't move easy. Tried to find a similar replacement on-line but none directly match. The Ford Expedition model is close. Thoughts on the repair/replacement? Not sure what size Ford Chassis I have. It's a 34' motorhome. Hopefully the picture comes along with the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heater Control Valve.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	381577  
Wishlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2022, 01:26 PM   #2

We have the same coach - only we’re sitting on a Workhorse chassis.

Dash HVAC the same though - we now have that same valve as I replaced the all metal valve that was on there - Murray Climate Control Murray Climate Control Heater Valve | MRY 74628 - bought from OReillys for ~$18.00.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like it might work, so will be purchasing it. May be a little bit getting back to you as I need to wait for a warmer day to replace it. It's in winter storage (outside). Again, appreciate the quick response.
Wishlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:54 PM   #4

FWIW - I had to get a speed clip to hold the control wire on mine - the wire kept popping off.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:33 PM   #5

When you remove cable to check if it is the culprit. You can find vids or links of tricks to push lube into cables. Usually hose, hose cut to make rubber bushing ,clamps and air fitting. That one doesn't look to hard ,if its the problem. Don't get crazy on amount of oil as it goes into dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishlist View Post
First Post; wasn't sure to put this post in the Class A Motorhome (2002 Georgie Boy Landau) or the Ford Chassis section. Feedback appreciated. I've attached a picture of a Control Valve (Heater Core to the left). I manually push the lever to the right and I have heat (both input & output hoses get warm). Doesn't move easy. Tried to find a similar replacement on-line but none directly match. The Ford Expedition model is close. Thoughts on the repair/replacement? Not sure what size Ford Chassis I have. It's a 34' motorhome. Hopefully the picture comes along with the post.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:17 AM   #6

And,... if you find out it's the cable and you want to get lubricant into it do NOT use WD-40 as it tends to attract dirt and will shorten the remaining life of you cable.

Bicycle shops, small engine repair shops and others, have the equipment to lube cables, such as the one that controls your heater valve.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:17 AM   #7

And,... if you find out it's the cable and you want to get lubricant into it do NOT use WD-40 as it tends to attract dirt and will shorten the remaining life of your cable.

Bicycle shops, small engine repair shops and others, have the equipment to lube cables, such as the one that controls your heater valve.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dashboard, heat