Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2021, 07:51 PM   #1

No dashboard heat and VIOLENT shaking

Just picked up our '06 Windsport. On our two hour trip back from the dealership, we had no heat coming from the dash. Fan works, air flow direction knob worked. But, NO heat.

Annnnnnd, when accelerating/decelerating, the rig seems to get to a certain level and then then shakes violently. At first I thought it was a bad strut/shock. But, it only occurs when I SLIGHTLY touch the gas or easy off the gas for a bit.

I'm thinking a popped vacuum hose off the tranny or possibly a modulator. And, the lack of dash heat sort of makes me think the two are related.

Any suggestions as to where to start to look?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2021, 09:02 PM   #2

I would also check your u-joints. Won't help with the heat but...
Mnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 04:14 AM   #3

Was it at the dealer for work or did you just buy it ?

If new to you, check driveline for proper phasing, good slip joint, center support bearing, and U joints.

If its an engine miss, it should throw a code and give you a check engine light.

Vacuum leaks to the heater typically cause the heater to go to defrost only.
Check coolant level and coolant temps. Need 180 degrees or more for good heat.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #4

Did they have the wheels off. Is it new to you?
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:13 PM   #5

Do you feel the vibration through the steering wheel?
Old 12-17-2021, 08:18 PM   #6

KZ RV Club
Drive line or rear end with vibration on acceleration/deceleration float between.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
Drive line or rear end with vibration on acceleration/deceleration float between.
That's what it sounds like. I wonder if they had the driveshaft out and didn't seat one of the u-joints properly?
Old 12-18-2021, 09:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweezal View Post
Just picked up our '06 Windsport. On our two hour trip back from the dealership, we had no heat coming from the dash. Fan works, air flow direction knob worked. But, NO heat.

Annnnnnd, when accelerating/decelerating, the rig seems to get to a certain level and then then shakes violently. At first I thought it was a bad strut/shock. But, it only occurs when I SLIGHTLY touch the gas or easy off the gas for a bit.

I'm thinking a popped vacuum hose off the tranny or possibly a modulator. And, the lack of dash heat sort of makes me think the two are related.

Any suggestions as to where to start to look?
Any of the suggestions offered could be the problem, but since you have a heat problem, I would concentrate on a vacuum problem. Vacuum can play havoc with transmission shifting patterns. Good luck.

I know you will enjoy your new to you coach.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #9

Looking at your posts it seems that you just bought this. Take it back immediately. You should have never even completed the trip home from the dealer.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-c View Post
Looking at your posts it seems that you just bought this. Take it back immediately. You should have never even completed the trip home from the dealer.
It's a little late for that. It's sitting in my driveway and I'll be call a local repair facility tomorrow. It's a 2 1/2 drive back to Indy. I don't think it would be wise to do that. Dealer says to get it fixed and they will reimburse me. We shall see.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:48 AM   #11

The heat could be a valve near the heater to shut off coolant flow, it helps reduce heat in the summer.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:38 AM   #12

2008 Discovery
I had heater linkage come off in the dash. Can you hear the doors moving when you change from defrost to cab heat?

As for the shaking, were you towing a toad? If so try driving MH without toad. I have had worn Blue ox tow bar cause shaking in MH. I thought the front end was going to come apart. Would only do it once and a while.
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post
2008 Discovery
I had heater linkage come off in the dash. Can you hear the doors moving when you change from defrost to cab heat?

As for the shaking, were you towing a toad? If so try driving MH without toad. I have had worn Blue ox tow bar cause shaking in MH. I thought the front end was going to come apart. Would only do it once and a while.
The direction vane is moving. I can not only hear it, I can feel the air changing to different areas.

No toad.

Tags
dash, dashboard, heat