Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
If you still have bleach smell/taste in the hot water side, then no you shouldn't drink it. That small amount of bleach likely won't HURT you, but the bleach in the water could kill the good 'bugs' in your digestive track and give you quite the case of diarrhea, which wouldn't be any fun.
A friend of mine was going to a wedding where folks were planning to drink a toast out of their shows (yeah, I dunno either). In preparation he bleached his tennis shoes, everybody who drank out of his shoes was 'sick' - lesson learned for him, learned from another's mistake for me.
So make sure there is no bleach remaining in your fresh water tank and lines before you start drinking it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Go back and bypass the hot water tank.... do you get cold water? Check the screen in the water pump. Check the screens in the water faucets.
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #17

And fixed? After switching from the water pump to city water I can now run the hot water lines only fine off the pump and the cold ones will work of city water. When I try the hot water on city water it just sputters and I hear a leaky sound behind the fridge, also where the hot water heater is.

At this point I'm too scared to switch back to pump to see if it persists. I got my anti bacterial filter in so I can drink the water and I can deal with cold showers. This can wait until I'm not 6 hours from home to get fixed.

If anyone knows why it would randomly start working I'm curious to know, otherwise car closed for the next week or so.
MongoBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:00 AM   #18

What kind of pressurized bacterial water filter are you using?
Old 07-03-2018, 06:34 AM   #19

Is one of those number 3 inline filters that goes to the small spout next to the main one at thekitchen sink. It doesn't do the whole motorhome unfortunately, maybe that'll be a project later on.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:10 AM   #20

Also this morning the hot water lines ran fine on city water, I'm going to see if I can a hot shower this morning. I'm guessing I just didn't wait long enough for the hot water tankto fill lady night. Man it's embarrassing being this new
Old 07-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #21

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongoBadger View Post
Also this morning the hot water lines ran fine on city water, I'm going to see if I can a hot shower this morning. I'm guessing I just didn't wait long enough for the hot water tankto fill lady night. Man it's embarrassing being this new
If your water heater is working as it should, I'd think an all hot water shower would be scalding!

If you are now on city water, I'd think the whole water system should now be pressurized.

Go back into your wet bay and check that all valves are set to operate on city water. Make sure the suction hose to draw in RV antifreeze with the water pump is set off. If you have an outside shower, try both hot and cold faucets for pressure. If you open your water heater outside door lift the pressure relief valve, water should come out of the tank. (BE CAREFUL, it the WH is on the water will be quite hot)

If all the above conditions check out, your system should be operating. If not, make sure having the system pressurized by the hose isn't over-filling your water tank or causing other issues.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #22

So I think I may have conveyed the wrong message here, both hot and cold now work on city water, I'll try the pump again when I head out, but I want to keep the working system for now. I suspect it's a weak water pump that needs replacing, but I'll deal with that closer to home.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongoBadger View Post
So I think I may have conveyed the wrong message here, both hot and cold now work on city water, I'll try the pump again when I head out, but I want to keep the working system for now. I suspect it's a weak water pump that needs replacing, but I'll deal with that closer to home.
This clears up your message considerably^^.

If you still have issues with using just the pump, I see several possibilities. First, the winterizing valve may not be fully closed or is defective, allowing air into the supply side of the pump.

Second, your City water valve may be not fully closed or defective, allowing the pump to pressurize the water from the tank but it is recirculating back into the fresh tank through the City valve.

Third, you may have an obstruction at the pump itself which is significantly reducing water pressure.

Of course, if you disconnect the City water and all is normal, no worries.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Often there's a strainer in the line from the tank to the pump. If that is clogged with debris, it would reduce water flow.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #25

And I just tried everything on the pump only and it worked. I still don't know exactly what happened, but if it works it works. Thanks for all of the replies.

Tags
water