Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #1

no lights on shifter pad

motor home won't start due to no power to ecu was fine till i put new batteries in. all fuses are good, anyone know where the trans ecu is located or is there some in line fuse
wideglide729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #2

Your transmission ECU is located in the shift pad. The most common problem is a butt splice connector coming off the batteries. One thing is to check that all the smaller wires are reattached to the positive terminal on the chassis battery. It is real easy to leave one off. You might have also accidently pulled on the wire that gives power to the ECU and screwed up that butt splice. This splice is located in or close to the battery compartment.

Check out this post
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/alli...em-111859.html
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #3

When I had a similar problem, (a "Do Not Shift" display on the shift pad), CoachNet paid the tow to Detroit Diesel near the Mall of America, (the nearest "authorized Allison service" dealer).
Four days later they had it fixed.
After trying most everything else, they finally had found one BAD wire.
That wire carried 12vdc, (but not enough amps to allow the shift pad to function).
They replaced both the pos and neg wires from the batteries to the Allison VCM, (vehicle control module), which is located up under my dash.

The original bill was over $2400.00.

I refused to pay that..... for 40ft of 14ga wire, 4 connectors and labor, (NO OTHER PARTS)!

They finally reduced it to a MERE $1700.00!

I am sure they were able to fix the next one in less than 2 -3 hours.......
and I paid for their education!

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights